Release status: experimental [box doku]
|Description||self-sustainable power grid|
We wanted to build a DC microgrid at CCCamp19, but never fully got around to it. So we'll keep on trying in our lab, for the next camp and other events.
Gear we have built so far
- Forty Eight Grid
- Team Forty Eight
List of recommended devices
- Soldering Irons
- TS100 
- Lab PSU
- DIY PSU using DPS30xx or DPS50xx modules
- Battery Chargers
- IMAX B6 Charger works for LiPo and Pb batteries
- Laptop chargers
- Networking Hardware
- WiFi APs
Power Out Boxes
- DC sockets
- Car sockets
- Switches + Fuses
- What kind of fuse?
- Volt/Amp Measurment - "Battery computer" -> Stats via LoRaWAN?
USB Charging Station
Power In Boxes
12/24V -> 48V
- Schottky Diode
- Fuse / Currentlimiting
- Batterymonitor / Datalogging -> LoRaWAN?
- Auto-Disable with Under/Overvoltage
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32990834620.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864994942.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993234025.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32616324201.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957814319.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32904528079.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32784107301.html
- Old website (via Internet Archive)
- https://hackaday.com/2017/09/08/that-decentralised-low-voltage-local-dc-power-grid-how-did-it-do/ -> (If interested in helping contact Hackerspace Revspace in Den Haag, the Netherlands: Ralph Willekes <benadski(at)gmail.com>)
- Micro Grids
- Universal Battery Project
Biolite has a "base station" with a battery and connected lights to it (Core77 blog post). We could build a similar station and connect other stuff to it.
- Connection between lights via some common cable we all have - RJ45? passive PoE? To remain compatible with a bunch of other gear out there...
- GoalZero also has similar lights for their PowerPacks, like this one
Grid Connection Units
Units with µCs controlling direction, depending on the voltage in the local nanogrid and the microgrid.
- Can be direct (w/o DC-DC-Converters) or with voltage adjustment
- One-to-one connection via 230V?