- 1 What are you currently working on?
- 2 Projects & Groups update
- 3 Say Thank you
- 4 Stuff from the past
- 5 Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
- 6 Roombooking
- 7 Law&Order update
- 8 Auctioning off some stuff
- 9 Tool documentation
- 10 Lasercutter tube update
- 11 Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- 12 Introduce Loomio poll
- 13 Things to add to "Consumables"
- 14 Things to Buy
What are you currently working on?
- Peter: Minecraft & trying to laser etch Minecraft landscapes on the MrBeam
- Jonas: Moving & Minecraft
- Aaron: Minecraft
- German: Organizing stuff
- Georg: It's difficult. New job. Got some old wood planes with plans to restore them
- Meier: Built a cutting board & lamp, next up bicycle stuff
- Severin: Precious Plastic oven, solar DC microgrid stuff
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from from of the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects
- Meeting with a brand and it seems like stuff is moving forward. Planning on recycling some of their "waste, mostly LDPE("poly bags"). They can't switch away to other bags but at least try to recycle them.
- New Compression Oven works 🥳
- Regular meetings with local community people and KRAXLKOLLEKTIV
- Monthly virtual meetup is happending tomorrow (Monday) -> https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/thethingsnetwork-munich/events/274769974/
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- German for cleaning the courtyard, the trash containers and collecting garbage
- German for sorting the workshop goods into the new Euroboxen
- Meier and German for building new Lamps for the community area between the kitchen and electronics corner (everything from recycled materials)
- Severin for cleaning up the server rack in the pit
- Peter for the additional power in the laser and 3d printing lounge
- David and Severin for setting up the roombooking tool
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20201112 Plenum
- All you can laser: Has started. Would be good to have a sign at the laser as well. German will put it up
- Pit cleanup: Cleanup complete, last task is marking the PPs space, Severin will do that
- Workshop compressor: Loomio poll is still on-going
- Mitre Saw/Band saw: completely set up
- Second Story: Slack channel exists, Nico will provide plans
- Loomio: All setup and documented, first loomio poll was fully setup and closed
- rC3: No news
- Sign: David talked to Cecile, she's excited about it. No other news apart from that. German talks to David&Cecile
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
Bench grinder in the workshop
Is anybody willing to investing some time to it? It's broken and taking up space in the workshop. I suggest we keep it for another two weeks and see if anybody wants to work on it.
- Meier will take a look until end of next week and then decide to repair or get rid
We have a roombooking tool now to allow you to book part of the space and thus reduce any potential contacts. --23:55, 28 November 2020 (CET)
- Check http://rooms.munichmakerlab.de/ for booking rooms. Self-signup, after that you can just book rooms :-)
- Questions/Feedback/Else? Talk to David or Severin.
Last plenum we talked about the Law and Order page not quite being up to date. I've looked at the last plenums since we last edited that page, and updated it. The new version can be found at https://pad.munichmakerlab.de/p/lawandorder and below is a preliminary diff of the old and the new.
❯ diff lao-old.txt lao-new.txt 20c20 < == Use adequate personal storage for your stuff == --- > == Store your stuff appropriately == 22c22,31 < Do not occupy public space as storage space without plenum approval. Members are allowed to store personal items in the space, but they must be kept in one of the plastic boxes, labeled with a unique name so you can be identified. Two boxes per member. In an emergency, at least label your stuff with name and date. Anything occupying public space without a label or stored longer than one week is considered free-to-use. --- > > There are multiple options when storing personal property in the space: > * Each member can store up to two 30x40 euroboxes with their belongings in the basement. Make sure they are labeled with your name, and are not overflowing. > * If the euroboxes are not sufficient, you can rent a storage box. We have a limited set of these boxes available, join the [[Wishlist]] if you think you need one, and we can figure out how to get you one. > * The Project pallet serves as a short-term storage solution if any of the other two don't fit. Label your things with your name and the current date, and remove it within 7 days. Anything that is unlabeled or past its deadline can be placed in our free-to-use section. > > If you need to occupy more space, check with the Plenum beforehand. Otherwise, it'll be consigered free-to-use. > > == Roofs == > The roof of the workshop and the roof of the laser cube are not for public use. Do not walk on the workshop roof, or store anything up there. The roof of the laser cube may be used for storing MuMaLab inventory, but only after consulting with the plenum or vorstand. 35a45,46 > See [[Workshop Safety]] for more detailed safety precautions. > 45a57,59 > == New tools and machinery == > When donating or lending a tool or machine to the space, make sure it's of use to the space. When in doubt, ask the Plenum. Anything larger than a member euro box needs to be approved by the Plenum. In addition to having it approved, we encourage to document any new machine in the wiki. > 54c68 < Don't take any tools or equipment off the premise without asking in Slack or the Plenum (if owned by Munich Maker Lab) or approval by the person who owns the equipment. --- > Don't take any tools or equipment off the premise without asking in Slack or the Plenum (if owned by Munich Maker Lab) or approval by the person who owns the equipment. If you borrow something, add it to the [[Stuff on a mission]] page in the wiki, so we can keep track of our equipment. 62a77,78 > == Pictures, Videos and Livestreaming == > If you want to take pictures or record video in the space, make sure to have the consent of everyone who's in the images. If it's planned, announce it in Slack in advance, and have it added to the calender or roombooking.
Is that ok with everyone involved?
- Explicitly mention the workshop roof safety issue
- Fairly short notice -> maybe for the next Plenum
- Also different presentation
- Some things could be noted down differently
--> We'll have a meeting on the topic, and then have a new draft for one of the next Plenums
Auctioning off some stuff
We've been collecting some gear in the space, like networking stuff, DECT phones etc. A while ago, we came up with the idea to do some kind of internal garage sale, but with current restrictions in place, that's hardly possible. So the idea came up to build some sort of online auctioning platform where we can sell some of that stuff internally for donations, and also give members the possibility to do some kind of exchange of their personal stuff that has piled up. Who would be in on something like that? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 10:41, 29 November 2020 (CET)
- Channel in Slack? -> Severin starts a channel
- There are bots for that 😮
- Presentation as well as auctioning (in threads)
- Home of Making plans a "Real Life Flohmarkt" on April 18th as well, for bigger stuff
A while ago, we decided that every new machine needs to be documented. We've lost track of that a bit, how do we get back on that? Might be good to link some of that on the Workshop page as well. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 10:45, 29 November 2020 (CET)
- Workshop page has been updated ~2 months ago
- Table saw is missing
- Severin will do an automatic thing like on the front page for tools in the workshop
- German is working on a page for his mitre saw
Lasercutter tube update
David has done some research into new tubes, and the 100W tube we decided on is about twice as expensive as a 90W tube, so he suggests going with a 90W tube instead
- No objections
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- Bench can still go up
- Severin posted his suitcase repair to Instagram, needs to go into the log as well
- PP Oven build
- New lamp in the community area
Introduce Loomio poll
Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board
(none this week)
Things to add to "Consumables"
- Milchtütenpapier for the workshop. It's 29,19€/roll (50m²) and a roll lasts for at least 6 month. It's a great addition and really helps keeping paint, oil etc away from our workbenches. It has also been used to protect wood surfaces when putting stuff on the project pallet.
- Approved 8/8
- Aderendhülsen - €20 / 6months
- Approved 8/8
Things to Buy
- Suiteable cable to hang a lamp above the 2 tables near the electro corner. We built everything else using recycled materials. Cost ~28,30 € + light switch/small e-stuff 15€
- Approved 8/8
- Connecting the second exhaust fan to the laser control. Schütz ~15€/Schaltrelais ~35€ mit Ansprechverzögerung und Nachlauf, Kleinteile (Verlegerohr/Klemmen etc.) ~25€, Kleinverteilerbox ~25€ -> 100€ all together
- Approved 8/8