| Precious Plastic|
Release status: experimental [box doku]
|Description||DIY Plastic Recycling|
|Author(s)||David, Katharina, Severin|
Precious Plastic is a project for DIY plastic recycling. More about the project on their website.
We're collecting different types of plastic in labeled black boxes ( + one box for the stuff we're not sure about). Everything should be clean before it gets into the boxes!
- Acrylic is really hard to recycle apparently, so we're not collecting that
- Sorting through the plastics recycling bin helps us reduce the amount of plastic trash
- Dumpster diving on the KQ?
- Material: plastic bags or bubble wrap
- Tools: iron and baking paper
- Place material between two sheets of baking paper.
- Iron single sheets as the shrinking is quite drastic and not really predictable (if material ruptures or holes are forming, try reducing the temperature).
- Fuse pre-ironed sheets together to create thicker, stronger material or extend the material dimensions.
- Optionally imprint their textures to the surface by using fabrics or perforated metal plates.
Further research necessary
- Disolvable in D-Limonene (Instructable)
Money spent so far (not really complete)
- Hopper is falling apart, needs some glue
- Funnel from shredder into the collection box needs improvement
- Axis of the shredder might be a bit crooked
- More information on motors and how to start them: Drehstromasynchronmotoren, Starten von Motoren
- Electronics: Got a softstarter, missing a direction switch. But that's for later.
- Oven finished
- Need to build "Compression unit"
- To be combined with the extrusion machine
- Base: done
- Hopper: done.
- Missing the thread on the pipe, then it can be put together.
- Some premade molds 
- Got the screw and pretty much most other parts
- Hopper already built
- Missing the motor