What are you currently working on?
- Meier: nothing in particular
- Jonas: Briefkastensensor, Flipper Zero
- Theresa: Cooking and getting back into excercising
- German: planning stuff
- Nico: making a little escape game happen
- Adrian: Shaving Ice and Playing games
- Aaron: IoT-ing his garage door
- Tessa: Remodeling her bus for camping
- Bernhard: drinking beer and sewing pants
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from the group meeting at our space, or other long-term space projects
- Laser safety - German did a couple of in-and outputs on the schematic, starting to route the pcb soon. Thanks to Juan for reviewing.
- Gaming area - Adrian did prepare a plan for a charging station. (Discussion around the charging station ommited, result: will buy two power bricks - one with power delivery and QC and one with many normal USB ports for just QC...)
Hosting the MHOW-Stammtisch at MuMaLab
Home of Making e.V. is organizing a Stammtisch for the Vorstände of Offene Werkstätten, Maker- and Hackerspaces in and around Munich. We would love to host it at the Munich Maker Lab. It is registration only and we will most likely just use the Kitchen and Community Area. The proposed date is the 23rd of September, but the date might slightly change (not to conflict with open Thursdays or other events).
- Confirmed - if you have questions, reach out to German
Save the date
HoM is also preparing for a hopefully somewhat covid-free season next summer. We will host a camp on the vineyard, save the date: 21 July 2023 to 23 July 2023. More information, incl. ticket sales, to follow shortly.
Say Thank you
- To all the people who organize the Intro Courses for the workshop + 3D Printer since April. August is already fully booked. (- Jonas)
- Thanks to Meier, Aaron and Roland for watering the plants
- Thanks to the people that take care of the 3d printers
- Thanks to christoph and marius who repainted the wall to gray
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20220731 Plenum
- Do we want to donate the x350 to the new Ebersberg Makerspace? (-Nico)
- Nico will come and pick up the printer until next week Wednesday for the Ebersberg Makerspace. Thanks Nico and have fun Makerspace Ebersberg!
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- The plenum protocol has not been cycled till a couple of days before the new plenum.
- AdrianM and Meier will write a wiki page about how to do it and link it on the top of the regular plenum page
- It is everyones job to cycle the page.
- the router lift Project hasn't really been active the last few weeks and cost us around 160 ish € so far. For around 350€ we can buy a hand operated pre assembled router lift, that comes with guarantee that it will work and we can refund it if it doesnt work. so tbh. i think we should stop the developement and rather focus on the workbench or motorizing a bought router lift than on reinventing the wheel. (-Botox)
- Project lead is absent of Plenum, there seems to be little progress as of late
- Other people involved in the project have already said they don't want to continue working on it the way the project runs now
- The Project has been sitting for ages on the project pallette and in the basement - stick to the rules, label stuff on the project pallette (with current date etc.). Make sure that euro boxes are not overloaded (properly stackable) and stored in a storage shelf in the pit.
- we got a big sign from the Deutsches Museum that says: "Maß und Gewicht" we want to display the sign but are lacking ideas where to put it. 5 min. Brainstorming where to put the sign, then we take a vote on the suggested places and put it there. an option to not portray the sign at all will be available. (-Botox)
- we already have a sign in the gaming area
- descision: kitchen over the hanging drawers
- the gaming area is coming along very nicely, one of the next steps would be to remove the storage box. is there any news on that topic ? (-Botox)
- severin will do things with his box after this plenum
- there is no more instant noodles in the vending machine. restock those. see things to buy stuff (-botox)
- Happy to restock them if someone organizes them. ~30 packs would be perfect for re-stocking and storing. No need for a things to buy, as the vending machine buys these. Just make sure they stay within the price of the compartment (I think it's the second one from the top). Contact me directly once they are on-site and we will handle the money side --C22 (talk) 11:55, 10 August 2022 (CEST)
- Nico will get them from his asia store (Yum Yum)
- Any kind of useful item can be discussed on Plenum to get into the vending machine
- Power usage: Within a couple of month an upstream circuit breaker at our neighbours tripped. The circuit breaker in question is not physically accessible to us (we have to call the neighbours). When this happens many parties are affected (Schwere Reiter Lager, Neo Eventservices, Alte Feurwehr and our lab). --Meier (talk) 09:39, 11 August 2022 (CEST)
- No action items
- If you break something (or found something broken) within the rooms we use together with our neighbors (SR lager, Feuerwehr) such as the restrooms, report it to the board of members ("Vorstand"). If you rip the soap dispenser off the wall, either repair it by sticking it back on with fresh tape (*and then potentially behave like nothing ever happened, if you didn't damage anything) OR send a message to the board. This affects users of the restrooms that are not associated with the lab and that is not nice. --C22 (talk) 09:52, 11 August 2022 (CEST)
- Board of members will try to talk to these present at the
- If you take stuff out from any box (power distribution, cables, ...) it is your responsibility to put it back. We do not offer cleaning services and it is not fair to have the cleanup or other nice people clean up after you. --C22 (talk) 09:54, 11 August 2022 (CEST)
- Hot Glue isn't on the Consumables list yet - should we add it? AdrianM 16:53, 11 August 2022 (CEST)
- Once a Year - 20 Sticks pack
- The Drink Donation Box for the drinks is short of about 50€ - Please make sure to pay your drinks and look over there every now and again to see if any non-members might be taking something out there
Possible donation of large machines
The Creative Lab of Hochschule München wants to give away a large tablesaw and a jointer/planer. Let's discuss if it is possible to fit these and if we are interested at all.
- both machines are very large and very dangerous
- we sadly can't take them in because of that
Munichburners using our space
The Munichburners group would like to use our space with about 5 people on Monday August 15th to prepare for burning man.
- Approved; please keep the mess in check
- Nico will be supervising them.
- Please document for the website and newsletters
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- Nothing to report
Introduce Loomio poll
- No polls
Things to Buy
- ramen: https://www.amazon.de/Nissin-Ramen-Rind-100-g/dp/B01E7A3GK4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=demae+ramen&qid=1660077922&rdc=1&sprefix=demae%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-5
- (see previous topic, ttb not needed)
- Charging Station - 120€ --AdrianM
- Kitchen scissors - 20€
- General scissors - 3x10€
- 3 box Cutters + 50 blades ~100€ (currently not avaiable; will be bought when they are back in stock)