20201210 Plenum

From The Munich Maker Lab's Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

What are you currently working on?

  • Aaron: University stuff
  • Meier: Nix
  • Joe: TTN stuff, gateway monitoring, 3d printing
  • Severin: PP stuff, meeting with hackers against climate change
  • Jonas: Moving. Moving done. Wants a S-Bahn display. And probably the Briefkastensensor.
  • Theresa: Kochbox ausprobieren
  • German: New version of the outdoor timelapse camera

Projects & Groups update

Just a quick update from from of the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects

  • PP: Oven works, producing plastic diamonds and buttons
  • TTN: Meetup last week monday, people presented stuff - next wednesday is the next TTN meetup

Say Thank you

Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum

  • German, Meier, Aaron for finishing the new lamp by the kitchen
  • German for refilling the vending machine
  • German for organizing and installing a new fire extinguisher in the workshop
  • Meier and German for the workshop vac arm&tubing
  • Uwe for taking a look at our amp
  • Meier and German for getting, unpacking, and integrating the compressor

Stuff from the past

What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20201129 Plenum

  • Bench grinder:
    • Repaired by Meier, thanks for taking a look and and re-assembling
    • Still crappy as before
    • Belt was probably just tightened too much
  • Tool documentation
    • German & Severin have added something
    • Meier wants to do the compressor still -> done
    • Let's stay focussed on that for new things that come into the space
    • Incremental progress

Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?

Is there anything that's bothering you?

Laser exhaust

  • The good news: No stinky MDF smell in the laser & 3d printing lounge.
  • The bad news: Stinky MDF smell outside the laser & 3d printing lounge. We have tried to fix it in the past and haven't been successful by using silicone and aluminium tape. We think that the best next bet would be building a small case around the exhaust - first stage would be up to the cable canals. The good thing: Even if this won't get rid of the smell (and we will need to try new options) the exhaust will be more quiet than now.

CNC Mill Usage Cost

To finance the upcoming Costs of the CNC-Mill i suggest to introduce a pricing structure similar to the Lasercutter.
I figured that a price of 5€ per 60 minutes of Running Spindle should be enough to ensure the upkeep and enable some upgrades.
5€ per 60min should ensure that even some more complicated milling parts can be done for a reasonable price.
(Remember that 3 dimensional milling programms take way more time than simple 2d laser data.)
this might be a topic we want to discuss in loomio.
-BotoxBitch

  • Cutting is quite slow right now, due to low axis stability -> lower price than lasercutter
  • Use the money to upgrade the CNC later
  • Next step: Loomio

Garage Sale

After the suggestions at the last plenum, I've started a Slack channel for the garage sale: #garage-sale

I've also made up some rules:

  • One post per item for sale
  • Reply in threads, do not post to the channel
  • For auctions, just reply with the price you’re willing to pay. Highest amount at closing time wins
  • If you buy something from the lab itself, pick it up soon. And do not leave it in public storage at the space. Put it in your storage crate/box/… or take it home.
  • When giving something away: Add [Auction] or [Fixed Price] to the topic. Add pictures. Add a price (or starting price for auctions). For auctions, also add a final date/time

Anything missing here that should be added to that? Any other feedback? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 23:08, 8 December 2020 (CET)

  • Thanks for organizing! I'd appreciate a more transparent "when" (e.g. 7 days) instead of "soon" --C22 (talk) 19:25, 9 December 2020 (CET)
    • within 7 days sounds good, Severin will update the rules
  • Add stuff in there to newsletter regularly


Update on current Covid-19 situation

  • Influence of the current regulations on the usage of the space
  • Corona Rules in Bavaria have been updated again
  • Rules regarding the space itself have not changed really
  • But the rules regarding people has, they're not supposed to leave their homes
  • FabLab has talked to KVR with their concept and they are supposed to close
  • Due to "7-Tage Inzidenz" in Munich over 200 right now, after 21:00 noone should be out anyways
  • Visiting the Lab does not quite fit the "Triftige Gründe" rule
  • Not only a discussion about what's legal, but also what actually makes sense. And it doesn't really make sense to have the space open for "regular" operations, even just for members.

--> We'll close again. Picking up stuff is fine. If you want to borrow tools, feel free to do so, but make sure to update the Stuff on a Mission list

Main space sound system

The right speaker (above the electronics corner) has not been playing sound for a while. People from the "audio team" said the amp and the speaker were broken. Further analysis showed this was not quite the case. The speaker itself works fine, but half the amp (one channel) is broken. People from WerkBox3 who know their stuff looked at it, and it seems not quite easy to repair. How much would we want to spend on that? What are other options for sound in the main space? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 23:08, 8 December 2020 (CET)

  • 2 fuses and something else - kind of hard to take apart
  • 50€ as a suggestion to Uwe. If that's not enough, we'll figure out what else to do
    • 1 abstention, everyone else agrees

Law&Order update, second round

2 plenums ago we talked about the Law and Order page not quite being up to date. For the last plenum, I had created an updated version of the document. There was some feedback, and the plan to have a separate meeting to go through it, as well as try to make a shorter version of the document. For that meeting though, no one showed up. So I've updated the document again with the one specific feedback point, and found a way to make the diff a little easier to read:

The summarised version can still be created later, but I think this would be a good starting point now. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 20:58, 3 December 2020 (CET)

  • Looks good, put up to a vote
  • Everyone's for the update
  • Severin will put it up

Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News

  • Meier asked Dominic to do some documentation or else, he's still thinking about it
  • Bench can still go up
  • Severin posted his suitcase repair to Instagram, needs to go into the log as well
  • PP Oven build
  • New lamp in the community area

Virtual Xmas Party

We've done Christmas parties at the space every year ever since starting the lab. This year everything's a bit different, but do we still want to have a party? It'll have to be virtual of course, and we'd have to do it next week, on the 17th, which would be the last Thursday before Christmas.

  • Sounds good
  • Severin will start a Arbeitskreis, aka Slack channel.
  • Announce it in the newsletter

Introduce Loomio poll

Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board

Things to Buy

  • Material for a box around the vertical exhaust duct. Build a box around the duct to make it less loud and possibly less leaky. Some OSB and construction wood plus rockwool ~ 150€ --Meier (talk) 19:39, 9 December 2020 (CET)
    • unanimous agreement

Next Plenum

Next regular plenum would be on Dec 27th, which is not exactly ideal. Unanimous decision to skip that plenum then, so the next one will be on the second Thursday of January 2021, which would be the 14th.