20200223 Plenum

From The Munich Maker Lab's Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

What are you currently working on?

Tell everyone about your current projects and stuff you've done for the space

  • Andreas: Aufhängung für seinen Fernseher
  • Sven: Arduino, Lötzeugs
  • Jonas: Vereinsorga für drei (oder vier) Vereine
  • Buspeter: Hobelspäne, Holzwand im Bus
  • German: u.a. Türklingel mit MQTT
  • Theresa: isst/Existiert, Atmet, Versorgt $Leute mit essen
  • David: Fertig mit Klausuren 😆 Vereinsarbeit
  • Christoph: Nix

Say Thank you

Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum

  • Everyone working on the metal around the grid (Severin, German and Jonas)
  • Everyone working on the concrete base in front of the pit (Andreas, Aaron, Sven, Peter, German)
  • David for returning the old space
  • David for finishing the grant application for our 2nd floor (decision expected in may)
  • Jonas for fixing the space phone
  • Christoph/German for finishing the new space shop vac

Stuff from the past

What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20200213 Plenum

  • CNC Vacuum
    • Vaccum is mounted so it stays for two more month to proof it is useful for the CNC
  • Discussion Finding Tool
    • No Date for discussion was commited, please plan it.
  • Opening party
    • Someone needs to plan the party (Food, Projects to show, list of people to invite?...)
  • Metal rail removal
    • Takes 20-25 Minutes for 30-40 cm, we have a working technique
    • More participation in removing the rail would be appreciated
    • A HowToDo Meeting will be organized
    • We are looking for a bigger professional hand circular saw // Handkreissäge (David will ask the Werkbox, do you have one - please bring it)

Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?

Is there anything that's bothering you?

  • Plenum Sessions on Thursdays - suggestion to change weekday Plenum to Tuesdays or Wednesdays - P373r
    • I'm not really in favor of this change, as this is by far the best-attended date/time we had so far. So in democratic points of view I have strong reservations regarding such a change. So if there's really the need/wish for other plenum dates, we should move/alternate the less-attended plenum and see if other dates show similar attendance compared to plenums on Thursdays before abandoning them. Regarding the plenum sessions on Thursday we should improve the communication that they are happening, so visitors for our open meetup know about the possibility of attending or the need to wait until it's over. -- David
    • The Topics discussed on Thursday are completly different as on Sundays
    • On public Thursdays we have visitors/new people in the lab - Plenum mostly shows problem?
    • Veränderungen bringen "Frischen Wind", es ist nicht alles in Stein gemeißelt!
    • Is Remote pariticipate an alternative?
    • The history of Thursday Plenum is the move from Obersendling
    • Wednesday Cleanup was canceled - nobody participate
    • We will try the Tuesdays (starting at 19 Uhr Cleanup and 20 Uhr Plenum) as a pilot project until the general assembly/Mitgliederversammlung (approx. end of April) , where we will review the decision and invite all members to vote for the old or new date.
    • This means next weekday plenums at 10.3 and 7.4
    • From 27th Feb is the next official open meetup on Thursdays
    • Google calendar for open meetups will get a proper description text
  • MuMaLab WebSite - last update 01.09.2019 - suggestion to change to some other Frontend eg Wordpress - P373r
    • We also should revive the newsletter, so maybe we can find some people interested in maintaining website/socialmedia/newsletter? -- David
    • I don't think it's a technical problem. Current setup allows people to post on the website within seconds from their phone, WP will likely make that more complicated. (Sidenote: I'm also not the biggest fan of still using tumblr as the base but so far I haven't found anything that doesnt make things more complicated). Problem is none seems to want to do it. If you want to post more stuff, checkout Social Media or let me know, I can give you access to the accounts you need. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 11:03, 23 February 2020 (CET)
    • We need content on the page & for the Newsletter, please generate some (Projects, Meetings, ..) then we could discuss the technical things
    • We will add a new point in the Plenum, "Things for Newsletter/Website News"
    • Static Page (Devices,)?
    • David will organize a meeting for interested people

Space Move

  • Our old space has been returned to the city
  • As everything's fine there's nothing more to do for us
  • Now in use by Schwere Reiter / Kulturreferat to store theater production equipment and stage decoration

Space phone

The Telephone has been replaced with a working one. Please do not h4ck, as it's infrastructure to place emergency calls :-)

Workshop rules & reminder to wear ppe

There are a couple of workshop rules that Bernhard & German worked on. A first version is up in the workshop. Feedback is welcome. Please wear personal protective equipment and give those who don't a short and friendly heads up.

Genossenschaft DgkH wants to user our space again

  • Wed 4.3.20 at 17:30
  • I don't really think it's feasible this time, as we're still moving and don't have the room at the moment
    • Currently we don't have the space

"SPOT ON offene Werkstätten" event

  • Katharina (quartiersbüro) is working on small event for open workshops, maker space and similar (networking, workshops, etc.)
  • They asked if we can do this in our space, as we are attending as well, I would suggest to do this
    • Approved, discussion between these kind of organisations is good and helpful

Things to Buy

  • Heat press/Transferpresse ~ 200€ for a used one --C22 (talk) 13:18, 15 February 2020 (CET)
    • In combination with the cut plotter we can make own shirts (even own MuMaLab shirts so we don't need to order them somewhere else)
    • I tested doing a shirt and it worked great, but the results would be even better with evenly distributed heat
    • PP crew said that they probably have use for it as well
    • It can be stored in the pit while not in use
    • Approved

DONE 14:04