- 1 Topics for the Plenum
- 1.1 What are you currently working on?
- 1.2 Say Thank you
- 1.3 Stuff from the past
- 1.4 Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
- 1.5 Space Move
- 1.6 Rules for storage boxes
- 1.7 International hackerspaces open day 2020 & our Opening Party?
- 1.8 Metal rail on the pit
- 1.9 3D-Printer
- 1.10 Things to Buy
Topics for the Plenum
What are you currently working on?
Tell everyone about your current projects and stuff you've done for the space
- Nico: Space move stuff and automatic plant watering
- Lukas: First time in the space
- Alex: Dust collection for his CNC
- Erwin: SMD soldering, bio stuff, startups
- Jan: WLED software to control his LED lights via DMX
- Bernhard: Will work on the CNC
- Christoph: Continues with the Shop Vac
- Severin: Doorlock
- Theresa: Plenum
- Jonas: Newsletter and an event in March
- Sven: Arduino stuff
- German: Code for door locks
- David: Door locks, cleaning out the stuff in the old lab
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Everyone who helped in cleaning out the old space
- Especially German who dedicated a lot of time in getting rid of all the old stuff!
- Severin, German, Paul, Peter & David for migrating and fixing our doorlock
- Chris for fixing the Hitachi battery charger
- Christoph (and probably others) for setting up the workshop as it is right now
- Cecile for doing the donation receipts
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20200126 Plenum
"Acting against decisions of the community/plenum does not have consequences"
The actions taken by the last plenum where to far and beyond reason.
The strobe situation was the effect of bad communication. apperently those responsible for the installation have not been told, to dismantle it "now"
- gaming area
carrying all the heavy stuff back was overreaction and unreasonable.
other stuff that was acted against decisions by the Plenum
- removing the password from the Coffee machine hasn't been done. A note with URL and password was attached, soon after removed again
- no implementation for online participation to the plenum yet
- > a solution would be to use tool in slack for voting, first test was successfull
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- People started to bring stuff to the new space which wasn't approved in a plenum
- stuff thats added to the plenum just when the plenum starts or while it is held and directly decided upon. This is very intransparent and frustrating.
- there should be a certain time limit before the plenum is held, in which bigger decisions shall be added, so that ppl can decide, if they want to attend to give their vote.
- There already is a process and important/expensive stuff should be announced in advance
- Workshop Vacuum
- was held back on working on the machine while moving since "there are more important tasks to do before personal projects", now there is pressure applied
- the machine is up and running even months before the move and is used regulary. It is NOT meant to be public and it never was! It is a dangerous tool, which needs training. People can contact Alex to be trained.
generally i have to point out the lack of communication before bringing it to the plenum! "There is a public CNC Wednesday meetup implemented, each first Wednesday in the month." (18-22) in the long run Bernhard and Alex plan on creating a series of workshops to train more people with both cnc machines to mill on wood and metals
- Vacuum will be mounted to the wall within one week or it will be sold
- In 8 weeks (9th of April) it has to be working or it will go
- Alex will organize a meetup where he teaches people how to use it. If you want to use it, contact alex and he will set you up.
- The Precious Plastic stuff is taking more space than we approved in the concerning plenum. please remove asap. (botox)
- There will be a shred party in the upcoming 1 month (christopher clarifies this month means only 26 days).
- The court is no parking lot to continuously store your vacation vehicles or similar.
I suggest to either pay a fixed amount of money to the space or remving the vehicles. (botox)
- Parking lot isn't our space but some members would apreciate it if the vehicles would be parking somewhere else
- The pictograms in the kitchen are not finished yet. please fix it quick. (botox)
- $people didn't have the time yet but will do it asap
- People from off films are coming in just to get cold drinks. -> violates drink policies
- Next time please talk to the people and tell them when you see that happening
- German will talk to off films
During the meetings for the space move, some questions for the plenum came up:
- What do we want to do with the X400?
- Thomas is currently not in the country (should be back end of march) but he should then pick it up (alex is responsible for taking care of bringing it up and will be the contact person)
- Water hose reel
- Pressure washer
- German's chair
- Nobody against it
- Most approved it
- Should have a kill switch so that it can be turned off
- Sun shade
- Water cooler
- Most want it gone - needs to be gone until the next plenum
- Bike stuff
- Can stay
Rules for storage boxes
As we had to remove two storage boxes I'm suggesting some rules Nico
- You can rent only one half of a box - sharing that with another person would be preferable
- If you want some space add yourself to the wishlist on the storage space wiki page
- Space on top of the storage boxes should look clean and not impose a threat so let's not store stuff up there - might be used for space-stuff if needed if it doesn't conflict with the clean look and the threat
- Space on top of the box belongs to the MuMaLab and is not part of the storage box - 3 month deadline
- 10 in favor and 3 against it
Until we know the demand I would not suggest rules about what to store in the box or maximum durations or stuff like that
International hackerspaces open day 2020 & our Opening Party?
March 28th 2020 is International Hackerspaces Open Day. Should we participate? It would also be awesome to have an opening party for the new space, should we combine the two? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 10:55, 4 February 2020 (CET)
- We basically just need to open the door
- We'll do our opening party on that day also!
Metal rail on the pit
- Angle grinder seems not to work that well
- Lets ask the MGH and try ourselves in the meanwhie
- We should meet on a weekend with some more people (testival!) and maybe also try a plasma cutter
- Alex told us that all our 3D-Printers are not working
- He would like to bring his private printer for the time being
- We denied that - In case the space printers are not working we need repair or replace them with a new space printer
Things to Buy
Things to buy for projects related to the space.
- Parts for 4 new alarm lights (see Rundumleuchte), ~60€ --Tiefpunkt (talk) 10:55, 4 February 2020 (CET)
- Tools for the lathe to properly be able to use it ~55€ (Self-centering drills, inserts, tool holders... ) + vll. 12€ Gleitbahnöl MrSpeaky
- Approved but needs to talk to Thomas E. if parts can be organized cheaper
- Pressure hose reel 20€
- AWM approved garbage bags (10pcs for 6EUR a piece)