- 1 What are you currently working on?
- 2 Say Thank you
- 3 Stuff from the past
- 4 Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
- 5 Storage Boxes
- 6 Space Alarm
- 7 Lab Ban
- 8 Events in our new space
- 9 Misc
- 10 Invoices
- 11 Things to Buy
What are you currently working on?
Tell everyone about your current projects and stuff you've done for the space
- Jonas: Space move, Briefkastenalarm
- Christoph: Werkstattstaubabsaugung
- German: Staubabsaugung, Lötecke
- Theresa: Küchen-Tiefreinigung
- Peter: Elektronikecke, Spacemove
- Sven: vor kurzem von Oldenburg nach München gezogen -> eigener Move, Space kennenlernen
- Severin: Space Move, TTN-Meetup
- David: Space-Move, Prüfungen
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Everyone helping the space move, cleaning the up the old space, and today during cleanup 🥳
- David for helping the drinks delivery guy to open the door
- David & German for taking care of recycling the old wood
- Everyone who helped sorting through the stuff in the old workshop
- Kevin & Lucas (neighbors) for cleaning the space in front of the building
- Severin & David: Hochbeete
- Adrian for taking care of the gravel in front of the space
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20200109 Plenum
- Fridge situation: The situation is okay right now
- Music situation: Works as designed, when closing the space the music will turn off
- Wood dust collection for the workshop is work in progress by Christoph & German
In the last plenum, we decided to sell the big vacuum and i voted for it too. But afterwards it dawned on me, that it is perfect to use with the cnc machines. besides the Makerlab's CNC is enough room for the machine. So i would like the plenum, to revoke the decision. Bernhard gave me 3 weeks to prove, that this vacuum solution is viable. -- Alex
- Approved until next plenum (Feb 13th), if not tested or viable, we're selling the vacuum as planned. Please make sure to provide feedback on the plenum page.
- What's the current state of the CNC, and what's the plan for making it usable for people in the space? Please figure out a schedule to make it public until next plenum.
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- Audio: Soundsystem is rustling, also crackles when the big doors are moving
- Severin could try to fix it - approved.
- Audio 2: Audio in the workshop is not working, audio team needs to act!
- People are apparently to stupid to use a dishwasher. WTF?
- Trash containers: David is talking to our MGH visitors on thursday, more containers for the KQ
- Wishlist to MGH: Fixing the roof, removing rails, fixing the heaters (nachtabsenkung, general low heat problem), trash cans
- Acting against decisions of the community/plenum does not have consequences
- Strobe: was placed on the workshop box after plenum decision to not put anything on there. Decision to take it back down again has been ignored.
- Moving stuff: Gaming area stuff was moved in right after plenum discussions to leave that area the way it is/was until the metal strip situation in the community-area-to-be has been clarified.
- We need space for Storage Boxes as MGH will visit us on thursday, and we need to clear the old space
- Space in the current-community-future-gaming area was intended for storage boxes, but is currently blocked by some of the stuff what was not supposed to be moved yet (see above)
- We'll move some of the wrongly moved stuff back into the old space for now to make space for the storage boxes
With the layout of the new space, the strobe doesn't really make much sense anymore as an alarm notification tool. We should build some rotating beacon lights or something similar instead. What do you think? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 12:42, 26 January 2020 (CET)
- Strobe is hard to distinguish from random lights at times and also not visible inside the laser/3D box or the workshop.
- Shouldn't have been put up there in the first place, and hasn't been taken down by the people that placed it there.
- Replace it with rotating beacon lights
- Plenum agrees
- Severin will evaluate whether we can build them ourselves in a cool way, or whether we should just buy some and "mod" them
We've had an incident of a lab ban we need to discuss -- Awareness Team
- Summer of last year, $person was banned from the lab by Peter as a member of the Awareness Team. After an accident in the lab, $person took pictures of scenes of the accident and first responders. After being requested to stop by multiple people, discussions followed, during which $person personally insulted others, finally leading to a temporary ban issued by Peter. The ban was confirmed by David as a member of the board.
- $person has recently reached out to the board and asked for the ban to be lifted
- The awareness team notes that unfortunately, we have not followed our agreed protocoll to discuss and confirm or reject a lab ban issued by the awareness team. This should have happend much sooner.
- Members of the awareness team and the board have read the email discussion and talked to other people who were there during the incident. They confim Peter's judgement of the situation.
- While we recognized the validity of a request to have a ban like that lifted, $person's request does not show any signs of remorse for their actions, and no respect for the rules we put in place for our community.
- Members of the AT and the board advise to not lift the ban
- After discussion and more background story from people who were there during the incident, the plenum agrees unanimously to keep the ban in place
Events in our new space
Our regular meetups and other events would like to use the space again. How should we handle that?
- Space move is more important and should not be impacted
- Old space can still be used
- Talk to the people working on the move
- Bike rack: The bike rack should be mounted right side of the main entrance. Severin will move his car a little bit to make space.
- Precious Plastic Oven: We agreed on keeping the PP oven to have an oven for non-food. Christoph will try to define a space in the workshop for the oven.
- Storage boxes for maker-focused association: Home of Making e.V. would like to store a couple (~6) Euro boxes in the pit semi-permanently that they lend to other non profits - ok
- Sheet like for move costs will be created to make the lab spending more transparent.
- Write your name on all invoices you hand over to the board
Things to Buy
Things to buy for projects related to the space.
- Power and air distribution for the workshop:100 EUR