Topics for the Plenum
What are you currently working on?
Tell everyone about your current projects and stuff you've done for the space
- Bernhard: Doing nothing today
- Adrian: Learning to draw
- Rene: Testing the chairs gas spring
- German: Building a fan control with web control
- Andreas: Building doors for his storage box
- Paul: Preparing a KiCAD workshop with German and is building a kitchen at home
- Heiko: Would like to learn to solder to replace elkos in mainboards
- Tim: Laser cutting christmas pyramids
- Theresa: Writing her bachelor here in the space
- Uli: Xmas trees and smart meter project
- Marain: Building a keyboard from wood
- Jonas: Working no his mailbox alarm
- Nico: Building a DIY "Tonibox"
- David: Collecting dirty plastic at Wanda
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Thanks Peter for organising drinks --C22 (talk)
- Thanks to Uli and German for organising a xmas-tree workshop! In general, thanks to everyone who did or plan on doing a workshop.
- German and Peter for doing so much for the space like emptying the cash boxes
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20181125 Plenum
- Insurance and liability (more on this later)
- Kappsäge/Trennschleifer (GCO 2000)
- 3D Printer Crew : still alive? ever been alive? - Nope
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
Ask the owner before "repairing" free-to-use stuff
Last week German noticed his lab bench power supply, he provided free-to-use for our electronics corner, is not working any longer. Apparently someone tried to repair it, thereby voiding the warranty. I'd like to remind everyone that you should ask the owner before trying to repair/open up things by yourself. Only if you can rely on this, members are willing to provide us with free-to-use machinery and devices. --David (talk)
- Please inform the person who ownes stuff if you break it (which can happen so don't be afraid) and don't try to repair it without asking. If you don't know the owner inform the board members (David, Nico or Cecil)
- This will be added to our rules page here on the wiki
- We will print a copy of the rules and place that in the space
- If it turns out that people need to sign something because of liability issues we will add the rules there
Theft of money from the drinks box
Over the last few weeks we noticed that money is missing from our drinks box. By now we're sure that it was stolen. Please keep your eyes open if guests are within the space. Currently we're trying to empty the box often, so there is not that much money inside. Thanks to Peter and German for helping with this. Additionally, huge thanks to Germans boss for donating to compensate for the missing money. --David (talk)
- During the last 3 weeks about 250€ were stolen from the drinks box
- Drinks have to be paid at the moment you remove the bottle from the fridge
- Drink delivery is working very well
Repair Cafe on Saturday
This Saturday we are participating at the repair cafe at IMAL. Over the last few weeks several people showed up with their broken electric devices, so it would be great if some of us show up, to help repairing these. --David (talk)
- If you'd be willing to help please show up at the space around 13:40 on Saturday December 15th
Funding for 3D Printer & Machinery
I'd like to make an application for funding at the Bezirksauschuss (kind of a council for the city borough). One possibility might be to get a replacement for the two stolen 3D printers. --David (talk)
- 3D-Printer crew didn't work so far so this might be a good idea
- We'll be filling a request for a Prusa i3 mk3 until the next meeting mid of January
- If the request for the printer works well we can try to request other stuff over time
Insurances & Liability
David is currently evaluation our possibilities regarding insurances and liabilities. As we are a member of the VOW, we currently have a basic liability insurance. Additionally, we can can insure our inventory (150-300 EUR), and take out an accident insurance policy (around 300 EUR). Regarding the liability issue (It's quite complex) I will do some more reading, and give you an update at the next plenum. --David (talk)
- Prices are per year
- We need a inventory list of everything incl. serial numbers
- David will verify if personal equipment will be included
- Inventory insurance will only pay if the windows/doors have been opened by force and if the police was informed
MuMaLab Christmas Party
Should we do a Christmas Party? How about next week Thursday? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 17:01, 13 December 2018 (CET)
- Will be on December 20th
- Severin will bring drinks
- Topic will be put on the mailing list so please reply if you can bring some food
- Please add yourself to the wiki if you're planning to come
- Plenum/Cleanup will not take place (no objections)
Make Munich christmas party
Make Munich wants to hold their christmas party in the Makerlab. (18.12.)
- ~15 people
- No objections
Status of our space
Let's show some details in case somebody missed that the last time and give an update on the status
- Turns out the building next to our space (where we want to move) is a car lot with washing place (there is no water...)
- The "Kommunalreferat" will request a change in the usage of the "small" building into a workshop with storage space (could take 3-6 month)
- We'll request that we can stay in our current space until we can move next doors
- It's confirmed that we can stay until end of January and we have to request our extended stay by then
- There aren't many external options so this is still our best bet
Martin L.: I had informed the board in several e-mails about another possibility for a long-term solution to stay at the Kreativ Quartier. I would like to present this to the plenum. However, I can be there at 9 PM at the earliest.
- Some people bought an old building in Berg am Laim and founded a "Genossenschaft"
- Artists can rent the rooms there for good prices without increases
- The same people want to do something similar here in the Kreativquartier in Febuary 2019
- The plan is to build a new building and they would be interested to have a makerspace on the ground floor
- Martin is going to introduce us to their board members
Munich Maker Lab @ Make Munich 2019
Martin L.: I would like to inform you about the planning of Make Munich 2019 and learn more about the activities planned by the Munich Maker Lab for Make Munich. As mentioned before, I can't be there until 9 PM at the earliest.
- Yes, we will be going!
- We won't be doing the bar next time
- Please add yourself to the wiki: wikipage
Things to Buy
Things to buy for projects related to the space.
- the drill chuck key is missing and we will buy a new one (5 €)
PCB design workshop
German and Paul will hold the workshop on January 5th and spots might be taken very quickly so contact them soon if you're interested.