| WiFi LED XMAS tree|
Release status: beta [box doku]
|Description||Pimp an ordinary LED christmas tree and make it controllable via wifi|
|Author(s)||Uli, Rene, Marijn, German (Uli)|
|Last Version||0.9.1 (03.12.2018)|
|Platform||WEMOS D1 mini|
This project is about a WiFi LED XMAS tree consisting of an ordinary electronics gadget LED christmas tree with a pimped top LED and connected to a WEMOS D1 mini to enable WiFi control.
- ordinary LED christmas tree (such as this one from Ali Express )
- pimped multi color controllable LED (we used the WS2812B on a small round white circuit board such as one of these )
- WEMOS D1 mini based on the ESP8266 (such as this one )
- Some additional resitors (about 150 Ohms) because the ones delivered with the ordinary tree are way to big which results in in very dim LEDs
- Some wire to power the tree with 5V and connect the control wires for the top LED (WS2812B controlled with serial protocol of FastLED) and the transistors which control the outer color LEDs (with pulse width modulation (PWM) of the D1)
So far we programmed basic animation for the LEDs and a little webserver to accept commands for turning on and off seperate LED colors.
Find it in on GitHub in our Group
History (reverse order => latest on top)
- ordered 8 new trees, two are already promised to Tobi
- To make the basic LED animation more smooth, lately we programmed a Chen attractor function but did not finish it properly yet.
Want one for yourself?
- if you can spare roughly 5€ ask me - I just ordered some replenishment trees that should arrive in a couple of days
- Socket for the tree
- maybe with a display to directly find out about the DNS name and/or IP address
List of known bugs & Feature requests
For more information on that, have a look at the github page of the project