Topics for the Plenum
What are you currently working on?
- David: Nanokristalle
- Björn: 3D Druck
- Korbinian: VESC und Motorsteuerung
- Bernhard: Autoradio basten
- Aaaron: Garten Tomatenvoranzucht
- Bira: Magic Mirror
- Justin: 3D Druck (Windturbine) und Urlaub
- Juan: Lasercutter lernen
- Robert: Flipdots
- Theresa: Sticken
- German: nicht da
- Bine: Workshop, Bus einräumen
- Meier: Mobilere Spültisch und Heizung
Projects & Groups update
This is a quick update from group meetings at our space or other long-term space projects (e.g., Lasercutter, CNC, etc.)
3D Printing Area
- Documentation for the filament storage boxes at lab has been created. Dehumidifiers container has been printed and humidity sensor bought.
- Discussion about usage and potentially donation of filament is needed.
- The Prusa MK3s from Terry has been repaired and should be fully operational. It might be a good idea to find some nice name for it and the Artillery sidewinder X2.
- Some glue sticks could be bought for better first layer adheasion, the one currently at lab is small and old.
- Discussion: In a shared environment any glue hairspray or similar is very problematic. People will use different materials. Using such materials leads to a cycle of bad cleaning leading to people using more glue etc. If the printers are used properly simple cleaning with isopropanol is sufficient. If prints do not stick usually something can be tuned or optimized making glue or similar things unnecessary. Most members agreed the print bread should only be cleaned wit isopropanol and upcoming issues should be adressed by optimizing technique.
CNC 3018 Pro
- The CNC 3018 Pro engraving machine has been in the Lab for over one years now and there do exist interest in this machine, especially for small projects and PCB milling. Some Introduction to the machine has been given to the machine but is not structured. Maybe it will be a good idea to find a better way to do the introduction.
- It would be also greate if we can upgrade this machine to a more capable one. It do get the job done nicely but because the very weak spindle takes ages to do bigger projects, and plastic parts makes doing precition operation especially PCB milling pretty hard. My suggestion is to get a machine like this around 343 Euro with aluminium construction and a small spindle or even better one with linear rods and a proper spindle and safety for around 526 Euro. Both should still fits in the eurobox that holds the current machine.
- Proposal: Set up scheduled workshops with calendar and pretix integration. First get the usage up then talk about an upgrade. Alternative: spend time and money and upgrade the existing big CNC instead of buying yet another one. Maybe Bernhard, Justin and interested users can find a good way to make that work.
Say Thank you
- Alex guy for clearing up the 3D print lounge
- Everyone working on the topic heating to get the MGH to finally do something
- Everyone planning the disassembly of the space to make heater repairs possible
- Everyone helping with the disassembly/reassembly of the space
- Meier and German for doing maintenance on the dust extraction in the workshop
- German for cleaning up the member storage
- Bine for the bike repair workshop
If you want to be mentioned at the previous section as well, one of the easiest ways is to take one of our MiniJobs. This is a great way to participate in the Munich Maker Lab e.V. and contributing time helps keeping our space in a good shape. You can find all information about the scope of the available jobs on MiniJobs.
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20230226 Plenum
- Bine Teppich in der Gaming-Ecke
- no news
Anything you don't feel comfortable with within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
- will be given away or sold or thrown away. all agree
Gaming area power
The fuse was blown several times throughout the past weeks, seemingly during night times or when no one is around. This is concerning and should be investigated. Meanwhile, devices should be disconnected while not in use. Please let us know if it happens while you are doing something in the corner.
- As the fuse itself seems fine some fault in a cable or electronic device is suspected. This is a fire hazard, let's hope we find the cause soon. Alex will replace all power strips. We can lend a DGUV test tool, if someone wants to help with using it reach out to Meier.
The member storage (Euroboxes) is completely full. I propose to change the rules so that each member can only have one Eurobox in the future. For current members I propose to ask everyone to voluntarily constrain themselves to only use one box too.
Call for action: It would be great to find a group of volunteers who will plan better shelving for the member boxes then we currently have. This involves planning, procuring materials and implementing it.
Proposal: for the next spring cleanup I propose to move all of the member boxes from storage to the main space and validate for each box if it still in use (eg by having the members come in and move them back, or contacting the board members for handling)
- There was a vote if we should reduce the allowed boxes to one per person and if that should apply to all members. Both proposals had a majority.
- After some further discussions Meier withdrew his proposal to change the rules now and will reintroduce the topic again after the srping cleanup.
- We will most like likely approach the topic as follows: Move all boxes above ground and sort them at Spring Cleanup (which is currently planned for April 16th). The following 3 weeks members have to come in and clean up their boxes and move them back (If not possible contact the board members) Aaron will think about how to build a better shelving.
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- A company was there and hopefully fixed our heating a little bit so it will be warmer in the future
Introduce Loomio poll
Things to Buy
- Some users have mentioned that some flat print is hard to remove from the magnetic build plate, a scraper with plastic blades (like this one) around 5 euro could make life easier without damaging the printbed. (should this be in things to buy?)
- all approve
- Milchtütenpapier 65m² ca 50€. Also add it to consumables for buying approximatly once per year.
- all approve
Request for online participation
If necessary, you can request to participate remotely (via jitsi). Please briefly describe why you want to participate remotely and what topic you want to discuss. (additionally to adding the topic on top!)