The Plenum is a regular meeting of all people involved with the space to talk about things, and decide stuff.
If you have stuff to add, go right ahead! Please sign your points with your name (by adding a "--~~~~" after your text).
- The Plenum is an institution to decide on what the space should look like, physically and in other ways, such as virtually.
- Things concerning the space should be discussed at a plenum.
- Everyone who's there can participate in that process, member or otherwise.
- Everyone can head a plenum, no need for board members to do that.
- Topics should ideally be announced on the Plenum wiki page beforehand
- The Plenum should be held in a language that everyone participating understands.
- Scheduling: second Thursday of the month at 8pm and last Sunday after the cleanup (which starts at 11am)
Next Plenum: Sunday, January 30th at 12pm
Topics for the Plenum
Disclaimer online plenum
Holding an online plenum is no new process and we will only do this do try it out during the time the space is closed. Doing online plenums in the future needs plenum approval. In case we decide to do online plenums in the future this acts as a proof of concept.
What are you currently working on?
- David: Lasercutter
- German: Lasercutter
- Meier: Lasercutter
- Theresa: reorganising her company, making couch cushions
- Jonas: putting new furniture in his flat
- Rainer: planning workbench
- Aaron: Building a wooden box
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from the groups meeting at our space, or other long-term space projects
LaserCutter Project update
- Strange controller issues (flickering/resets) have been dealt with by replacing the controller with a new one
- High voltage power supply was moved from the build volume to a dedicated box on the back of the frame
- Saftey system is still not functioning
- Camera ist not working
* calibration * new sensors + new safety system
Laser will stay locked until saftey system is in place We will buy a new honeycomb board (David) In the future we want to have a personalized access system for using the Laser
Rainer showed some proposals for the workbenchs. Searching for helpers especially electronics (automated router lift)
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- German for cleaning the top of the storage boxes
- Meier for cleaning out the free to use laser material storage
- Galactic thanks to German & Meier for relentless continued work on the laser cutter (and Aaron for a little support)
- Elisabeth for washing the towels
- Paulin & Bennet for donating various useful stuff (12v power supplies & solenoid valves)
- Motor lock is defective and will NOT be replaced or repaired by dorma.
- David will purchase a new lock.
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20220113 Plenum
- Remember that the laser material storage rules changed. If you have not put a name and date on your sheets yet, please make sure to do so by end of February. Everyone can store materials for 3 months with the possibility to extend.
- Put this in the newsletter
- "The Future of the Lab" Workshop
- David and Severin are in contact with ouishare
- covid regulations will be kept in mind
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- Please do not put the wooden cut boards in the dish washer. It breaks them :-( If you want to use a cutting board that you can put into the dish washer, please use the glass one. --C22 (talk) 12:14, 25 January 2022 (CET)
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- Laser cutter storage
- "Future of the space" workshop
- small laser cutter update
- call for participation in the workbench project
Proposal for a fixed date for space/workshop/machine introductions
Often people ask for an introduction of the space or training for using machines. In the past this was done by planning a date person to person or ad-hoc. I propose set a fixed date once a month for these intorductions. A good candidate for a date would be the plenum thursday at 7pm (or 6pm if necessary). Also a registration (etix, eventim or similar) would be useful. With registration a date can be cancelled if there are no registrations (say up to the monday before the date) and we can prevent overcrowding (especially while covid is still limiting us).
- I will happily take care of planning/coordinating and running the first sessions with hope that more people giving ("proper"/"uniform") introductions will join us. --C22 (talk) 11:44, 30 January 2022 (CET)
- The HoM e.V. instance of pretix that is already in use for erfindergarden etc can be used so we do not need to roll our own.
- no objections we will go ahead and will implement this
Introduce Loomio poll
Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board
Things to Buy
- Do we want to keep the Multi-Room audio setup? The space would profit from the cheap price at which the Raspis were bought two years back. It is 169€ including: 2 x Raspi 4 2 GB, 2 x Audio Hat, 2 x 32 GB Sandisk sd card, 2 x official raspi power supply. --C22 (talk) 09:54, 28 January 2022 (CET)
- no objections we will buy the system
- no objections
- Rainer wants to buy building plans for the workbench 35€
- no objections