What are you currently working on?
- Severin: Precious Plastic
- Matthias: Moosbild, 3D printing
- Milian: Möbelbau, Latern Schweißen
- German: Fotobox
- Theresa: nix
- Roger: Mailman
- Bernhard: Werkzeug und Formenbau
- Nico: Van ausbauen
- Bene: Fahrrad, Möbelbau
- Christoph: nix
- David: Wohnung umbauen
- Jan: Beleuchtung mit Rubiks Cube steuen, Themodrucker, Podcast produzieren, Twitch
- Jonas: Sofalieferungsproblem
- Chris: nix
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects
Problem with cable from controller to display, EMI. New safety board is missing (David, German working on it). David is organizing new honeycomb base
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Meier and German for labeling all drawers in the workshop
- David for stopping by to help with the laercutter
- Meier for sanding down the damaged workshop tables!
- Aaron for refilling the drinks fridge
- Severin for updating node-red & other space IT infrastructure
- WE/ for free electronics kits!
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20210925 Plenum
- Any updates on the second story
- Nico will present a loomio poll about different options next plenum
- David will clarify if we can re-use the monetary support for something else
- Safety lock for the kitchen door
- Replaced the door lock with one that can be opened from the inside
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- Several times there is a Tesla parked near the lab that captures Video Footage. --I.Random (talk) 11:00, 10 October 2021 (CEST)
- Shouldn't be capturing anything unless someone's really close by.
- It is not nice that the central workbenches were scratched a second time. Especially since Meier filled and sanded them after someone did saw into them. Anyone should notify if something is damaged.
Also someone did use the kitchen and leave it very dirty User:David
- Not so gentle reminder to _always_ clean up after yourself, and let people know if you brake something, either via Slack (preferred) or by telling someone, e.g. one of the members of the board (hint: email@example.com)
- I want free fuel for my car, since others get free electricity for their electric cars User:Botoxbitch
- Electricity is not metered currently, so there are no costs for the space -> Should that ever change we should discuss it again and find a solution
- Noone objects to the current situation
- For the future: clarify topics like this publicly beforehand (e.g. in a Plenum)
- Jan: the storage box in the gaming area should be moved
- Jan will present plans for the layout of the gaming area on the next Thursday plenum
The Future of the Lab
The Lab is continuously awakening from its Covid sleep, and I feel this would be a great moment to take a look at which direction we want the space to go in for the future. We all have somewhat different visions of what the space is to us, and what purpose it should serve us, the community, the city, ... moving forward. It would be super interesting to gather these visions and purposes and try to align them.
To do that, I would like to recommend that we do a workshop together to figure this out. Stuff like this is best moderated by someone who's not directly involved. Lucky for us we have some neighbors who are into that kind of stuff, the fine people of OuiShare, who have their homebase at the Labor Ateliers. Maybe we can discuss with them whether they would be interested in helping us facilitate this process.
- count me in --C22 (talk) 12:41, 9 October 2021 (CEST)
- me --Jonas (talk) 12:58, 9 October 2021 (CEST)
- here, and thanks for writing this down ;) --david (talk) 15:04, 9 October 2021 (CEST)
- count me in aswell --I.Random (talk) 11:00, 10 October 2021 (CEST)
- dito --Aaron (talk)
- same here, thx for caring --Uli (talk) 11:17, 11 October 2021 (CEST)
- beam me up --BotoxBitch (talk) 11:17, 11 October 2021 (CEST)
- me -- User:Meier
David and Severin will prepare/plan the workshop. We also haven't had a General Meeeting of Members, and should do one again soon, including voting on the members of the board, but everyone agrees it would make sense to wait until we've had this workshop. OuiShare people say they probably won't be able to fit us in this year still so we'll do it early next year, if possible.
Update from city
David gives an update on what's happening on the Kreativquartier around us
- City still tries to make use of external spaces free. MGH still asks for rather high rent even for short term use.
- City still tries to get the rents down
The soil is fresh and will be used for a single theater performance. Afterwards we need to pick it up (neue schwere reiter). Werkbox³ also exposed interest and they will take some of it. We're talking around 2000L in total. I already clarified the specifics - do we want it? --C22 (talk) 18:28, 9 October 2021 (CEST)
- no objections
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- Severin: Next Tuesday, there will be a guided tour at the space, organized by the Münchner Volkshochschule.
Justin wants to store a small CNC mill/engrave at the space. Should be usefull for small scale work, like milling PCBs, and be available for public use
- no objections
- Chris: there might be the opportunity to take a tour of a large datacenter - people are excitied, he will try to organize something
- Severin will be holding a soldering workshop at Import Export and would like to use the lab soldering irons for that - no objections
Introduce Loomio poll
Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board
Things to Buy
- 4-5 https://www.hagebau.de/p/moertelkasten-40-x-285-x-73-cm-schwarz-65-l-anP7000129446/ for some soil so we can build a couple of outdoor flower beds like the ones we picked up for free a couple of years ago?
- no objections
- Cooling pump of CNC mill is broken. - User:BotoxBitch
- Chris will bring one. If that doesn't work and a new one is still necessary: budget 23€
- no objections
- Conference microphone for better hybrid plenums and other Meetings: ~150 € User:Jonas
- no objections