- 1 What are you currently working on?
- 2 Projects & Groups update
- 3 Say Thank you
- 4 Stuff from the past
- 5 Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
- 6 Workshop Budget
- 7 Update on Space usage
- 8 Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- 9 Introduce Loomio poll
- 10 Things to Buy
What are you currently working on?
- Meier: Couch tisch
- Bernhard: Schuldinge + CNC Fräse
- Theresa: Neuer Job
- German: Arbeiten
- Severin: DIY Solarladeregler
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from from of the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects
- I (Bernhard) got an idea of how to Further improve the CNC-Mill. I need someone to help me take off a few sidepanels of the mill to investigate some Stuff and take measurements I need for additional planning / calculating the Costs.
- CNC: Workshop: 200€ an Spenden zusammengekommen für die CNC
Precious Plastic München
We're selling buttons made of recycled PLA now. If you need some for a project, let Severin know, otherwise you can get them here:
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Workshop cleanup
- Removing weeds from the planters
- Ordering workshop stuff
- Fixing laser cube electrical outlet
- David for dealing with the authorities on covid stuff
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20210328 Plenum
- Things to buy: Stuff has been ordered, mostly arrived already, still needs to be labelled properly
- Neo has been picked up by Thomas
- Stuff on the project pallet is still there, Severin will talk to David whether he knows anything
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- 3D-Printers are mounted to high --Meier (talk) 20:12, 8 April 2021 (CEST)
- Ask 3D printing team in Slack about changing printers to the lower level
We still havent set a monthly budget for the workshop, even though it was already approved to have one. after some talking we decided that 50€ per month would be enough to cover some expenses for broken / dull drills and other stuff.
- No objections
Update on Space usage
There has been some exchange with the authorities and other open workshops in Munich. In conclusion, our current rules, as communicated in the last email, are still valid, with the following change for incidence over 100: Instead of a full shutdown of the space, the maximum number of persons in the space is 2
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
Introduce Loomio poll
Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board
CNC Machine Upgrade
I want to upgrade the CNC machine, to precisely mill some aluminium. We did an online workshop and had a lot of participiants. One of the key questions was wether we could mill some aluminium. I tried with a few special aluminium tools and it seems to basically work but it is not precise.
However I noticed two things: 1: the Z-axis is very wobbly, 2: The one sided Y-axis is also very wobbly. -> Conclusion: they need to be redesigned.
My idea is to spend about 1200€ in parts. This will give us: precision ballscrews on each axis (2 needed for the Y-axis), precision ground linear guidelines with ball carriages, an complete Y and Z-axis with enough stability to mill aluminium, a high chance to even mill steel, precision to about 0.02mm (high chance to be even better?!).
YES i know this is expensive. But i think the CNC-workshop has shown that there is a lot of interest in having such a machine (and we got a few donations + I'm willing to chip in a few bucks if we run short on money). Also past buying decisions have shown that it pays off to buy some higher quality gear than the bare minimum needed.
Duration of the build will probably be around 8 weeks, during which the CNC will not be usable.
Of course, if anyone wants to donate directly to the project, that would be great as well.
Things to Buy
- The drill chuck in the Flott drill press is pretty worn and needs to be replaced. Bernhard and me searched for a replacement and agreed on a Röhm Spiro-I. Cost for the chuck and arbor ~ €170 --Meier (talk) 07:40, 2 April 2021 (CEST)
- 1 objection for the fun of it, everyone else approves -> approved
- The drive belts for both drill presses need replacing. Total cost for 3 belts ~ €30 --Meier (talk) 07:40, 2 April 2021 (CEST)
- No objections -> approved
- The mill needs some automation stuff to shut off the cooling air automatically. An electric valve, some couplers and a relais cost around 33€ together. BotoxBitch
- No objections -> approved