Disclaimer online plenum
Holding an online plenum is no new process and we will only do this do try it out during the time the space is closed. Doing online plenums in the future needs plenum approval. In case we decide to do online plenums in the future this acts as a proof of concept.
What are you currently working on?
- Meier: shelve for clamps in the worksop
- Peter: fixing his truck
- German: nothing
- Georg: shelve for clamps in the worksop, marking knife, awl
- Sven: bench for his balcony, plotter
- Alexander: nothing
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from from of the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects
- Precious Plastic / skipped
- TTN Munich /skipped
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- German for motion detection light in the workshop
- German for ordering a new boiler for the kitchen & Meier for installing it
- Jonas for washing the towels/dishcloths
- German for running a multiroom audio experiment
- Meier & Georg for building a clamp shelve in the workshop
- Meier & German for adding the AUTO mode to the workshop vacuum
- German for hanging up a whiteboard in the workshop
- Georg for taking care of the drinks and re-stocking the fridge
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20201008 Plenum
Status pit cleanup
Some cleanup has been done, the area left of the laser filter still needs to be cleaned out NEO 3-Printer still on the Laser-Lounge roof. It was deceided that it should be sold.
Loomio rules and participation
David prepared an announcement text to send via mail. I just needs some finalizing touches.
Nobody nows of any changes at the moment. But it is to be expected the will be tighter restrictions soon.
safety sensors are ordered
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- Someone brought a scroll saw and set it up in the workshop. There was no Plenum discussion about this. It is unclear if the saw is free to use. Meier (talk)
- Saw will be moved to the project palet once. It has to be moved out of the space after use until approved by the plenum.
- Personal project stuff and tools is/are popping up all over the space in drawers, on work benches and hidden in shelves. There is a clear intend of hiding it, which can only be can be interpreted as malicious behaviour. Meier (talk)
- Someone attempted to repair the old boiler, even though we did stated no self-repair attempts in the last plenum. In addition, it was being left on the workshop workbench all week. --C22 (talk) 11:40, 25 October 2020 (CET)
- We encourage the board to speak to the member and to consider sanctions
- Precious plastic bandsaw: This item is sitting in the workshop being not or rarely used for quite some time. A bandsaw like this one would be very useful in the shop but currently it is marked as do not use. I would like to make this tool available to the Lab. I propose to make it usable with approval (eg power plug lock or open unit state) to the space or to buy a similar machine owned by the lab (implying the current machine would have to go) Meier (talk)
- The saw should be labeled as free to use until the next plenum or removed from the space.
- I would like to add a new topic to the plenum *Introduction for new loomio polls*. Members should introduce their polls before they are sent to the loomio management board Meier (talk)
- will be added and reviewed in December
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- Stuff that Georg built that was already posted
Things to Buy
Preview: We want to spend money on a new air compressor with higher capacity and that is more silent. With the new pressure pipe installation, compressed air is used much more than before. This means that the compressor is running much more often, causing noise pollution in the workshop.
Preview: We want to buy material to upgrade the workbench for woodworking. We are planning to add a front vice and a side vice and to drill a 19mm hole pattern for hold down fixtures.
Wood and mounting material for our new outdoor bench Meier (talk)
- 8 wooden Planks https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Terrassendiele-Douglasie-24x124x2000-mm/4638541/artikel.html ~30€
- steel screws https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Senkkopfschraube-m-Kreuzschlitz-DIN-965-6x50-mm-galv-verzinkt-50-Stueck/3831253/artikel.html ~8,50€
- paint & primer ~30€
- New foam extinguisher for the workshop ~35€. Cheaper than maintenance for the old one (as we only have one).