The Plenum is a regular meeting of all people involved with the space to talk about things, and decide stuff.
- The Plenum is an institution to decide on what the space should look like, physically and in other ways, such as virtually.
- Things concerning the space should be discussed at a plenum.
- Everyone who's there can participate in that process, member or otherwise.
- Everyone can head a plenum, no need for board members to do that.
- Topics should ideally be announced on the Plenum wiki page beforehand
- The Plenum should be held in a language that everyone participating understands.
Topics for the Plenum
What are you currently working on?
Tell everyone about your current projects and stuff you've done for the space
- Rene: Changing his Boot-Logo
- Jan: 3D printing and some prototypes
- Thomas: Lot of work and no free time but he's interested in doing $things (IT, electronics, mechanics,...). He's also here with Annika.
- Annika: $Stuff with red and black leather. She's from "JungesMuenchen - more on that later.
- Chris: Installing 60m electic cable for a power socket as he wants to buy an electric car
- Martin: Working on his mechanical keyboard, next up some Arduino and temperature stuff
- Peter: Remote unlock for his maker truck. He's doing workshops for kids out of this truck. We demanded that he has to bring the truck and do a tour!
- Nico: Lot's of 3d Printing and making some old "Bierbänke" pretty
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Joe for building the kitchen islands
- David for continuously trying to organize the URBAN festival at the Lab
- David, Joe, Nico & Severin for building up the gaming corner
- Nico for buying MDF for the lasercutter
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20180707 Plenum
- Buying MDF - has been done by Nico in the meanwhile
- VR Covers havent been bought yet
- Power stuff has been bought
Jan has been approached by the JungesMünchen Community. They want to start a monthly kink-related tinkering meetup. So they will be sewing collars and laser-cutting leather, mostly. After hearing everyone:
- Any questions? Uncertainties? Ideas?
- Anyone against it? Let's vote!
- Cecile wanted to buy leather-related tools for her wearable meetup anyway. Annika (guest) gathered a small list of tools and supplies we may need. Shall we order some of that?
- Let's discuss the details: When? Membership fees? Rules?
- Meeting is planned to take place once a month
- They are targeting the first Sunday (maybe 16:00-20:00) or one of the Tuesdays with a timeslot of about four hours
- They can't predict how many people will come but they think it's something between 10 and 30
- They are planning to build collars, toys and other accessories
- There won't be any nudity or something like that
- The plan is to use mainly 3D-Printing, lasercutting and textiles stuff
- Annika asked not to communicate the date of their meetings to avoid voyeurs
- It's no problem for them if other members are using the space during their meetup but be warned that sexually themed stuff might be laying around
All in favor to offer JungesMuenchen our workshop!
As not too many members were present we'll do an internal survey if somebody feels offended by that and we'll clarify fees and rules in a smaller round.
Do we want the microwave inside (not an optimal fit) or on top of the kitchen?
- Let's mount it to the wall! All were in favor.
Especially for "newbies" it would be nice to have some kind of a wishlist which stuff that can be donated.
That's a good idea so let's create a wiki page.
- Turns out that page already exists so let's update it: https://wiki.munichmakerlab.de/wiki/Wishlist
David knows somebody that has an old 3-seat leather couch we can have.
No sleeping function.
All are in favor to get it!
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
Things to Buy
Things to buy for projects related to the space.
- HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap (113€)
All in favor
- Leather tools - About 110€
All in favor - Either Annika will buy it or she'll provide a list to one of us
- Leather consumables
Has been postponed.