I'd like to add a few notes at the beginning of the Plenum (and all future Plenums) to clarify the role of the Plenum. Let's discuss whether we can agree on those.
- The Plenum is an institution to decide on what the space should look like, physically and in other ways.
- All things concerning the space should be discussed at a plenum, if possible.
- Everyone who's there can participate in that process, member or otherwise.
- Everyone can head a plenum, no need for board members to do that.
- Topics should ideally be announced on the Plenum wiki page beforehand
- The Plenum should be held in a language that everyone participating understands.
- Accepted by the attendees
What are you currently working on?
Tell everyone about your current projects.
- Sonoff ESP Relay board
- Plan to build a electrical kickboard
- digitalize a old model train
- Playing around with epoxy and led lighting
- Reintroduce the Gaming Corner (more late)
- Ivan (new member)
- virtual server stuff
- SHA2017: built a drum machine in Severin's workshop, need to flash it with software
- styrofoam cutter
- new keypad for the space entry (question to buy/build a new enclosure)
- own MQTT server
- preparation of Wordclock kit -> maybe do a workshop at the space sometime soon
- develops synth kits
- wants to play with pyro
- preparations to setup Freifunk for the Kreativquartier
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Tobi for the drawer inserts to organize the tools and other things
- Severin for SHA2017 organization
- Binary Kitchen for SHA2017 village
- Cecile for running the textile meetup
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status on those things? 20170713 Plenum
- garbage pile: everyone is invited to transfer it to the external bins, they get cleared every or second week
- Peter organized the Hubwagen
- Children running around and do things they should not do:
- the teenagers are almost gone but even smaller ones come around from time to time
- they are just annoying but dont to evil things/damage
- Ivan build a fence to put in front of the entrance
- blackboard: still not exists, but we have some whiteboards
- internal crowd funding: nothing happend but not needed at the moment
- regular housekeeping tasks: Still needs more input at this Trello board
- Amazon Smile: 1.3. - 30.6.2017: 43,45€
- long running projects:
- CNC is planned to be done in the next (two) weeks
- fridge still broken and no new one in sight, we should buy a new one
- Peter offered to transfer the old fridge to the recycling yard
- Instructables Maker Space contest: Best prizes cannot be reached anymore but if someone has creat project then go for it, options for outstanding projects still exists
- Textile wishlist: solved
Anything you don't feel comfortable with in the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- We should improve the lighting situation on the way to the rest rooms
- is broken and disgusting, it should be recyled (ideas to combine it with the pyro projects ;-) )
- Ask Matthias about pallet furniture project as a replacement
- wooden couch inspiration from the SHA2017
Sharing the news?
I was gone for about 4 weeks, and coming back into the space, it seems like a lot of things have happened. Stuff has been built (the laser material shelves), new cabinets are there, etc. However, none of that has been carried out of the space, information wise. We have quite a few ways that could have been done, such as the tumblr, facebook, our mailing list, the newsletter, but nobody went ahead and posted about stuff. I'd like to discuss why that is the case, and what we could do to encourage sharing news. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 22:07, 28 July 2017 (CEST)
- Clarifing how has currently permissions to publish news on different channels: Severin, Cecile, Jan, Peter, Theo
- Channels: Intragram, Tumblr, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Newsletter, Google Plus (anyone?)
- Everyone is invited to send in stuff for the newsletter, via mail or flowdock (there is a dedicated flow), details about that are contained in every newsletter
Rented storage space
We've been discussing creating the possibility to rent additional storage space as a member. A few people have shown interest (see Storage space), and some plans have been made (can't find them, will link to them later). Let's get this off the ground. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 22:07, 28 July 2017 (CEST)
- Accepted by the attendees
- Tobi and Severin will start building one cabinet next week
Freifunk for the Kreativquartier
We can probably get access to one of the towers around the Mirrorball-Plaza. Our idea would be to set up 3+ TP-Link CPE210 units (~35€ each). We also need cables, outdoor housing, mounting hardware, ... Anyone willing to donate a few euros for that? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 12:29, 9 August 2017 (CEST)
- the chimney in front of neo
- 2 APs towards the Spiegelkugelplatz, 1-2 towards Schwere Reiter / Leonrodplatz
- optional integration LoRaWAN
- infrastructure need to be planned
- ideas for other usecases (lights, webcam, etc.) welcome
- existing hardware from the storage not capable enough
- donations welcome (estimation is 250€)
- Theo offered 50€
- Peter offered 20€
- If you want to donate, let Severin know
The front of the space
- Don't let the BBQ sit out for days. Overnight to cool down is fine, bring it in afterwards
- Dumping hot coals into the meta bucket, not out on the pavement
- Regular sweeping in front of the space (see next topic)
- Keep an eye on the general look and feel
- in front of the door (inside)
- center place in front of the lasercutter
- electronics corner
- setting up the new stuff/furniture from Nico
Drawer inlays for tool
- Yes, could be done during the cleanup session.
- Plenum agrees, Theo will take care of it.
- Plans needed where and how to set up a permanent and appropiate place without disturbing other members/activities in the space
Chaos Communication Congress
Voucher presale (Angels, CCC, hackerspaces) for 34C3 have started. Should we apply for a voucher to secure tickets for everyone interested in going? details: https://tickets.events.ccc.de/34c3/docs/ --Cecukemon (talk) 13:22, 10 August 2017 (CEST)
- Yes, interest exists
- MuMaLab Assembly?
- Last time, it got hijacked cause we weren't there
- Maybe if there's enought people coming, otherwise hook onto other assembly (Binary Kitchen, Paparazi, Hardware Hacking, ...?)
- additional antistatic workpad for the second workplace ~25€: Accepted by the attendees
- more foam for the tools drawer inserts ~30€: Yes
- organizing group by for plexi
- space could by MDF plates to sell them to members (Jörg and Thomas organize information)
- Tobi suggested to look for a waterproof case as replacement for the door electronics and new keypad