20150315 Plenum

From The Munich Maker Lab's Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Start: 2:45pm
  • Participants: Adrian, Heiko, Jan, Jörg, Karim, Peter, Ricardo, Severin, Simon
  • Meeting minutes: Peter

What are you currently working on?

Tell everyone about your current projects.

  • Peter: Building an electric scooter, fixing 3D printers, Laser stuff.
  • Simon: Build his own power supplies, looks good so far. FPGA with Ethernet.
  • Ricardo: Sorting out the Space, build is own 3d printer, octoprint setup
  • Heiko: To much work, thinking about 3D printer as well.
  • Karim: Started to freelance, gone for a few weeks. Wants to start workshops.
  • Jörg: Big delta printer! Get Ultimaker running again. Warp core project.
  • Jan: Display bezel for car pc. Cocktail bot. Starting up workshops. Starts webshop.
  • Adrian: Display for the space.
  • Severin: Space lights, more events (concert!), CNC mill, traffic lights

Stuff from the past

What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status on those things?

  • new board is officialy in the vereinsregister.
  • kicking out of members that haven't payed hasn't happend yet -> ToDo for the board
  • Signs: Adrian will put up some temporary signs
  • IKEA boxes: Severin/Jörg will get some
  • Ricardo found places for all the things (BIG THANK YOU!!!), big white shelf is for stuff for everyone
  • Restart 3D print meetup -> Karim/Jörg want to do that
  • locking system for SDI: Prototype kinda ready, approval is missing
  • Chaos camp: A few people are going, Simon wants to look into getting a beer tent, Severin tries to talk to other spaces

Anything you don't feel comfortable with in the space?

What would you like to change or to be changed? Is there anything that's bothering you?

Arduino Day

In 2 weeks, Arduino is celebrating its birthday with an international event called "Arduino Day". We'll have a local thing going on in the Lab, let's talk about how that should go down --Tiefpunkt (talk) 14:05, 15 March 2015 (CET)

  • Label all Arduino based stuff in the space with Arduino logos and arrows
  • Jan/Severin/Simon will hold a workshop
  • Need to buy some stuff for that. Arduinos, breadboards...

Grand Opening

We've been in the new space for a bit now. I think it's time to have a great opening celebration. But: When? What? Who? ... ? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 07:56, 11 March 2015 (CET)

  • Some time in April (19 oder 26.4)
  • Discuss with HuS, then decide on date
  • Continue via eMail

Make Munich

We got some top secret information on the upcoming Make Munich. Let's see how we can engage in that. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 10:16, 15 March 2015 (CET)

  • September this year the 'Munich Maker Week' will happen.
  • Do we want to participate? Plenum: Yes we do.
  • Planning meeting on March 26th, 7pm. Location to be decided on.
  • Continue via eMail

Neighbours

An update about who our neighbours are, and how we communicate with them -* tarwin

  • Mahmuth: Security firm, on our side of the hallway.
  • Church: Not as loud anymore: Yay \o/ Peter has the contact details of Max, one of their leaders, so let him know in case there are any issues

Lasercutter

We will have a lasercutter soon! Lets discuss how we handle usage and cost

  • Laser log book on paper
  • Unlock laser with entry token
  • 2€ per 10min for members, 3€ for HuS, 4€ for non-members

Charitable endeavors

Time to give back! We have the space and the people. How about some computer/Electronic courses for Kids/Elderly/immigrants. A Repair café might be nice. Why not cooperate with hackerspaces/NGOs in less fortunate Regions like Africa, Aserbaidschan or Brandenburg? --Ragnaroek23 (talk) 16:27, 10 March 2015 (CET)

  • Interested yes, nothing solid yet.

MCSM

The MCSM will have to leave their space. Maybe we can help them a bit. -* tiefpunkt

  • Look out for cheap space for them
  • Becoming a member to support them is also a great thing (it's just 10€ per month)

Drinks

To prepare for the concert on the 14th, we got some more choices in our drinks fridge. Should we keep it that way?--Tiefpunkt (talk) 14:05, 15 March 2015 (CET)

  • Yes
  • Add Paulaner Spezi
  • Joint drinks sale from MuMaLab and HuS: Yes, good idea.

Money

We're doing quite well financially right now. Let's do something about that. -* tarwin

  • lab power supply -> approved
  • Multimeter -> approved
  • Flex * Andreas has one at home
  • Drill press -> No space, maybe if something proper shows up
  • Wirestrippers -> approved
  • Shop vakuum -> approved
  • small metal pliers for SMD stuff
  • post box
  • Basic supply of nuts and bolts (maybe MCSM?)

Long term vision - Makerspace at the Kreativ Quartier

Martin has been in contact with people of the Kreativ Quartier (Dachauer Str). He has a vision of creating a makerspace, or rather a combination of mulitple spaces there eventually. This'll take at least another 2 years, but he'd like to know whether we might be in on it. So let's talk about it. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 23:02, 9 March 2015 (CET)

  • Sounds interesting, keep us posted!

End: 17:25