Status: beta [box doku]
|Description||Artillery Sidewinder X2|
|Financing||Bought from official Vendor (€412)|
In addition to the two Prusa Minis which are our main 3d Printers at the lab we now have a Sidewinder X2 for larger print jobs.
- Please bring your own filament and only use plain PLA. Additives like wood or carbon wear out the nozzles extremely quickly.
- The printer is now open to experieced user and standard PLA Filament. Please ask on #3d_printing slack channel before usage if you are not familiar with the machine.
- If you want to help calibrate the printer or help with the wiki site, please contact @yichen zhang on slack to get the newest update on the printer.
- We are now working hard on the documentation and a properly tuned slicer profile.
- Build volume 300 x 300 x 400 mm
- Nozzle size: 0.4mm
- UBL mesh bed leveling enabled
- Printable via USB Stick and micro SD card
- Material: plain 1.75mm PLA
If you haven't used the printer but already visited one of the monthly 3D printing intro course, please for now contact @yichen zhang on slack for a 15 - 30 min quick introduction to the machine.
- Please visually inspect the printer for visible damage before usage.
- If damage is been found please contact @yichen zhang on slack. Thank you.
- Please slice your 3D Object in PrusaSlicer
- We are working on a tuned Slicer profile for the machine, but for the time being the default X1 profile with some modification will do the job.
- Please use the official Artillery Sidewinder X1 presets for the Sidewinder X2
- Add "Artillery" in the "Other Vendors" tab
- Add the "Artillery Sidewinder X1" on the "Artillery FFF" tab
- Select "Artillery Sidewinder X1 BL-TOUCH" as your printer
- Get the USB stick that's in the printer accessoire bag, export to the USB via the button on the bottom right in PrusaSlicer, and insert it into the printer
- We will get a dedicated USB stick for it soon, but until next plenum this will do the job
- Power up the machine via the power switch on the backside of the machine.
- Preheat the nozzle via the load/unload menu of the machine (210°C Recommended)
- Insert your filament through the reverse bowden setup with the filament runout sensor all the way into the extruder, push the black lever if needed.
- Then use the load filament function from the machine to load and purge the filament.
- Check that no particle is trapped between the magnetic sticker and magnetic PEI Sheet as we are using stored mesh bed leveling data (because mesh bed leveling takes a long time for a machine this size, if you want to ensure perfect quality feel free to redo the mesh bed leveling for your specific print.)
- Clean the magnetic PEI sheet with IPA
- Verify that you're about to start the right print via the filename
- Please at least wait for the first layer to be printed and verify its quality.
- Please check the print regularly during printing. Please don't leave the Lab while printing. Thank you.
- After printing, preheat and use the unload filament function to unload your filament. Please home the machine before shutting it down.
Start a print job
Unified bed leveling
- Marlin Firmware on Ruby board has beed updated to 188.8.131.52
- TFT Firmware has been updated with Unified Icon
- Used Firmware link
- Belt tightness checked
- Manual bed leveling done
- Unified bed Mesh leveling done (EEPROM slot 1)
- PID Autotune done for 215 nozzle / 60 bed
- Probe offset set
To do list
- Flow rate calibration
- Tolerance test
- Torture test
- Speed test
- Some impressive demo prints
- 3.11.2022: Magnetic PEI springsteel bed installed
- 10.12.2022: Reverse Bowden setup is now complete (Using Side Spool Guide for Artillery Sidewinder X2) by DaRaX. The machine has been move down to its intended space on the low slot of the shelf.
Next planned maintanance of the machine:
- Magnetic PEI bed (Or other removable print bed)
- Raspberry Pi (Octoprint upgrade)
- All metal hotend
- Better cooling fan
- Better Nozzle
- Reinforcement bar for ringing reduction
- USB Extender for longevity of USB Port
Boring stuff for the documentation
- Switch to 0.6mm Nozzle
[Description comming soon]
Suggestions and Feedback
Do you have any suggestions or feedback in regard to the printer, its maintainance and its current status?
Please write your comments below!