- SSID: "munichmakerlab" or "munichmakerlab-5g"
- Security: WPA2 Personal. Preshared Key is written on the whiteboard.
- Mode: 802.11gn. No 802.11b. If you really really need to connect a 11Mbit/s only device, please talk to tiefpunkt
2 LANCOM L-320agn Wireless Access Points , both manually configured (no WiFi controller)
- SSID "munichmakerlab"
- 2.4 Ghz
- Channel 1
- SSID "munichmakerlab" and "munichmakerlab-5g"
- Channel 108
- Subnetmask: 255.255.0.0
- Gateway: 10.10.0.1
- DNS-Server: 10.10.0.10
- DHCP-Server: 10.10.0.1
Allocated IP Addresses
|10.10.0.10||ns1||DNS server (running on the docker01 host)|
|10.10.20.2||FritzBox||VoIP Gateway (FritzBox 5050)|
|10.10.20.10||NyanPrint||Color Laser Printer|
|10.10.20.25||OctoPrint NEO 1||OctoPrint NEO|
|10.10.20.26||OctoPrint NEO 2||NEO|
|10.10.20.40||heimdal||Door Lock RPi|
|10.10.20.50||PiPunkt||Space Status RPi|
|10.10.20.61||buffalo||Fileserver (hawking's old IP address)|
Not moved to new subnets yet
|192.168.0.240||wifi||WiFi Connection X350 3D Printer|
Getting a fixed IP address
If you need a fixed IP address, choose one that's not taken yet, and enter it in the table above. Done. There's currently no dedicated DNS, we'll tackle that eventually.
We got native IPv6 \o/ IPv6 is broken, unfortunately. There is IPv6 on the Freifunk WiFi, if you really need it.
DNS is provided by a docker bind image (https://github.com/sameersbn/docker-bind).
- Internal zone is "intern.munichmakerlab.de", not all hosts are in there yet
- Server is maintained via Webmin, check http://www.damagehead.com/blog/2015/04/28/deploying-a-dns-server-using-docker/ for details
- Server is not configured in DHCP yet, requires some testing first
When setting up a new machine for the space, the machine should be named after a famous scientist or mathematician whose birthday is today or near today. Use the following list to avoid already used hostnames:
|Heisenberg||PC||Spacemonitor near the entrance|
We are connected to the internet via a Telekom V-DSL connection.
You can connect to the lab remotely, via OpenVPN. If you need access, contact JanS.