20130404 Hackerspace Brainstorming
Jump to navigation Jump to search
~ 13 people, 19:00 - 22:00
What do we want to do at the space?
-> Collecting ideas wih PostIts. (I'll upload a picture later)
- Can be grouped in 5 categories ( + misc.)
- Learn & Teach
- Workshop (Shared equipment)
- What do we miss in the other spaces in Munich? -> FabLab, muCCC, Werkbox, Heji
Build a community
- Weekly meetings
- Short introductions of everyone (GDocs?)
- Vivid about project kickoffs at frog: Who am I? What are my superpowers? What do I expect? What do I want to learn? What do I have to offer?
- Chicken/Egg? -> Community? Making?
- Quick and temporary? There are many places that are supposed to be torn down in 1-2 years, and can be used temporarily for very little money. Finding a space like that might be a lot easier than finding something "stable" (people know people). However, we might have to move out on short notice.
- Build everything movable. (compared to gardening project in Schwabing)
- Take a time
- Buy a place?
- Go bold and start big? Start small, and grow?
- For free?
- Membership fees
- Experience from other spaces: expenses (rent, heating, electricity) should be covered by membership fees.
- Sponsoring? (Goverment/Companies) -> maybe on a project basis
- Sell stuff?
- Necessary? Desireable?
- Only temporarily? (see hackerspace patterns)
- Facilitators instead of leaders
- More meetups
- Which day? -> Wednesday seems to work best
- Weekly "small" meetings, bigger meetings every once in a while (monthly?)
- Build a core group -> foundation
- Get to know each oher.
- Introduction GDoc (see above)
- Spread the word
- Find our Unique Selling Proposition (or at least ideas for that)
- Knowledge collection
Thanks to the Wayra Academy for letting us use their awesome meeting space.