Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Attention: This printer is not entirely ready for public use yet.|
|The printer is currently getting set up. We will update this page when the printer can be used by the public. Thank you for your patience :)|
Status: beta [box doku]
|Description||Artillery Sidewinder X2|
|Financing||Bought from official Vendor (€412)|
In addition to the two Prusa Minis which are our main 3d Printers at the lab we now have a Sidewinder X2 for larger print jobs.
- Please bring your own filament and only use plain PLA. Additives like wood or carbon wear out the nozzles extremely quickly.
- The printer is now open to very experieced user and standard PLA Filament. Please ask on #3d_printing slack channel before usage.
- If you want to help calibrate the printer or help with the wiki site, please contact @yichen zhang on slack to get the newest update on the printer.
- We are now working hard on the documentation and a properly tuned slicer profile.
- Build volume 300 x 300 x 400 mm
- Nozzle size: 0.4mm
- UBL mesh bed leveling enabled
- Printable via USB Stick and micro SD card
- Material: plain 1.75mm PLA
If you haven't used the printer but already visited one of the monthly 3D printing intro course, please for now contact @yichen zhang on slack for a 15 - 30 min quick introduction to the machine.
- Please visually inspect the printer for visible damage before usage.
- If damage is been found please contact @yichen zhang on slack. Thank you.
- Please slice your 3D Object in PrusaSlicer
- We are working on a tuned Slicer profile for the machine, but for the time being the default X1 profile with some modification will do the job.
- Please use the official Artillery Sidewinder X1 presets for the Sidewinder X2
- Add "Artillery" in the "Other Vendors" tab
- Add the "Artillery Sidewinder X1" on the "Artillery FFF" tab
- Select "Artillery Sidewinder X1 BL-TOUCH" as your printer
- Get the USB stick that's in the printer accessoire bag, export to the USB via the button on the bottom right in PrusaSlicer, and insert it into the printer
- We will get a dedicated USB stick for it soon, but until next plenum this will do the job
- Power up the machine via the power switch on the backside of the machine.
- Preheat the nozzle via the load/unload menu of the machine (210°C Recommended)
- Insert your filament through the reverse bowden setup with the filament runout sensor all the way into the extruder, push the black lever if needed.
- Then use the load filament function from the machine to load and purge the filament.
- Check that no particle is trapped between the magnetic sticker and magnetic PEI Sheet as we are using stored mesh bed leveling data (because mesh bed leveling takes a long time for a machine this size, if you want to ensure perfect quality feel free to redo the mesh bed leveling for your specific print.)
- Clean the magnetic PEI sheet with IPA
- Verify that you're about to start the right print via the filename
- Please at least wait for the first layer to be printed and verify its quality.
- Please check the print regularly during printing. Please don't leave the Lab while printing. Thank you.
- After printing, preheat and use the unload filament function to unload your filament. Please home the machine before shutting it down.
Start a print job
Unified bed leveling
- Marlin Firmware on Ruby board has beed updated to 22.214.171.124
- TFT Firmware has been updated with Unified Icon
- Used Firmware link
- Belt tightness checked
- Manual bed leveling done
- Unified bed Mesh leveling done (EEPROM slot 1)
- PID Autotune done for 215 nozzle / 60 bed
- Probe offset set
To do list
- Flow rate calibration
- Tolerance test
- Torture test
- Speed test
- Some impressive demo prints
- 3.11.2022: Magnetic PEI springsteel bed installed
- 10.12.2022: Reverse Bowden setup is now complete. The machine has been move down to its intended space on the low slot of the shelf.
Next planned maintanance of the machine:
- Magnetic PEI bed (Or other removable print bed)
- Raspberry Pi (Octoprint upgrade)
- All metal hotend
- Better cooling fan
- Better Nozzle
- Reinforcement bar for ringing reduction
- USB Extender for longevity of USB Port
Boring stuff for the documentation
- Switch to 0.6mm Nozzle
[Description comming soon]
Suggestions and Feedback
Do you have any suggestions or feedback in regard to the printer, its maintainance and its current status?
Please write your comments below!