Prusa i3 MK3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Prusa i3 MK3|
Status: working [box doku]
|Description||Original Prusa i3 MK3|
|Owner||Terry (@Terry Kidd)|
We recently recieved a Original Prusa i3 MK3 lended to the space by Terry. It is fully functional now, however we still need to discuss on the rules around using this machine since we want to make sure the lended machine stays healthy.
- Please bring your own filament and only use plain PLA.
- For advanced user other filament can be considered. Please see the details section for more information.
- Build volume 250 × 210 × 210 mm / 9.8 × 8.2 × 8.2 inches
- Nozzles 0.4mm
- Avaliable print Surface:
- Double-sided Textured PEI Powder-coated Spring Steel Sheet
- Spring Steel Sheet With Smooth Double-sided PEI
- Printable via SD Card
- Possible Material: PLA (Recommended) PETG, (ASA), (ABS), PC, CPE, PVA/BVOH, PVB, HIPS, PP, Flex, Nylon
- For now, please ask the #3d_printing channel in Slack until the detailed rules are worked out.
If you haven't used the printer, register for the monthly 3D printing intro course or ask in the 3d_printing channel on Slack beforehand.
- Slice your .stl in PrusaSlicer
- Use the official presets for the Original Prusa MK3.
- Get the SD Card that's in the printer, export to the SD Card via the button on the bottom right in PrusaSlicer, and put it back into the printer
- Verify that you're about to start the right print - the display shows an image preview of your model
Specs & calibration
For filament testing please use this Filament Swatch Test to do:
- First Layer Calibration setup with different print bed
- Characterize print tolerance
- Official assembly guide: Assembly Guide
- Maintainance guide: Maintanance guide
Printer repair & maintanance log
- 02.1.2023 Machine arrived at Lab
- 10.12.2022 Machine first inspection and maintanance
- Regular maintanance done to the printer, as well as fixed some minor issues.