Release status: beta [box doku]
|Description||LED-Panels for light shows (hardware + software)|
dimension: 50x50 cm
LED strip alignment ruler
Just a small 3D printed tool, to align the LED strips on a aluminium plate.
- tool to align the first LED strip on the top of the plate:
- tool to align all other LED strips on bottom of strip before:
- LED strips
- 60 LEDs / meter
- 30x30 LEDs / panel
- 15 meter / panel
- WS2811 or similar once...
- WS2812 or WS2812b (full color LED + WS2811 IC)
- some links to alibaba or aliexpress
- current LED strips bulk order
- 1.8 to 2.0 amps for 1 meter LED strips full white
first experiments are done with simple light library to control LED strips by Raspberry Pi and build a demo mobile app to detect sound meter and blinken the LEDs by sound.
first experimental library to control LED strips with WS2801 ICs by PWM.
prototype panel with 15x15 LEDs
first test panel is ready and working great:
vimeo.com/96946850 (video to demonstrate simple fft animation)
youtube.com/watch?v=qX4LsaF1CHE (video of scroll fire animation)
prototype panel with 30x30 LEDs
the second panel is working now and is really bright!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpUF0avA8nQ&list=PLFsMkHa76LAIa-mNUPX0b6K-aYrg49W0_ (example videos on youtube playlist)
- 15m of WS2812b LED strips with 60 LEDs / m
- 2 fadecandy boards (synced by software)
- everything mount on one 50x50 cm aluminium plate
- on front one 50x50 cm plexiglas plate to diffuse the light
- 1 300 Watt (5V 60A) power supply (needed for full bright = 218 Watt)