|Tüftelei LED Sign|
Release status: obsolete [box doku]
|Description||Build animated sign with LED stripe and laser cut acrylic|
|Last Version|| (10.12.2018)|
|Platform||WEMOS D1 mini|
Target of this project was to build a sign which attracts and guides visitors of a X-Mas market to my maker van, during day- and nighttime.
- aluminium extrusion
- laser cut acrylic
- laser cut plywood
- WS2811 LED stripe
- Arduino Uno clone
- step-down converter
- car battery
Up to now this project uses the Basic Fire2012 animation which is based on the FastLED Library.
Find it here 
History (reverse order => latest on top)
- merged WS2812 stripes again, added 12v -> 5V step down converter and car battery
- added WS2812 stripe, cut into 2 parts - finally did not work when running as standalone version (obviously due to cabling issue within cramped aluminium frame)
- enforced frame - ws not stable enough for stormy weather
- basic version, without LED's just a LED 10W RGB Floodlight for illumination
Want to see it ?
- till Dec. 29th the sign is planned to be in operation at the Märchenbazar X-Mas Market, next to the Lab.
- strengthen frame
- modify code to simulate origin of fire in the middle of the sign
List of known bugs & Feature requests
- none yet