Status: beta [box doku]
|Description||Artillery Sidewinder X2|
|Financing||Bought from official Vendor (€412)|
In addition to the two Prusa Minis which are our main 3d Printers at the lab we now have a Sidewinder X2 for larger print jobs.
- Please bring your own filament and only use plain PLA. Additives like wood or carbon wear out the nozzles extremely quickly.
- The printer is now open to very experieced user and standard PLA Filament. Please ask on #3d_printing slack channel before usage.
- If you want to help calibrate the printer or help with the wiki site, please contact @yichen zhang on slack to get the newest update on the printer.
- We are now working hard on the documentation and a properly tuned slicer profile.
- Build volume 300 x 300 x 400 mm
- Nozzle size: 0.4mm
- UBL mesh bed leveling enabled
- Printable via USB Stick and micro SD card
- Material: plain 1.75mm PLA
If you haven't used the printer, register for the monthly 3D printing intro course or ask in the 3d_printing channel on Slack beforehand.
INFO: As of 29.09.2022, this printer hasn't been included in 3D printing intro course
- The Spool holder is currently detached because of space reasons, we are working on a solution for it.
- For now please carefully move the printer to the big tables to test print with it. Install the spool holder and attatch the filament runout sensor before starting printing.
- We are now working on the issue. Please see the to do list for further details.
- Please visually inspect the printer for visible damage before usage.
- If damage is been found please contact @yichen zhang on slack. Thank you.
- Please slice your 3D Object in PrusaSlicer
- We are working on a tuned Slicer profile for the machine, but for the time being the default X1 profile with some modification will do the job.
- Please use the official Artillery Sidewinder X1 presets for the Sidewinder X2
- Add "Artillery" in the "Other Vendors" tab
- Add the "Artillery Sidewinder X1" on the "Artillery FFF" tab
- Select "Artillery Sidewinder X1 BL-TOUCH" as your printer
- Edit the start Gcode under printer setting in advanced mode and add M420 S1 Z2 after G28 command to enable mesh bed leveling
- Get the USB stick that's in the printer accessoire bag, export to the USB via the button on the bottom right in PrusaSlicer, and insert it into the printer
- We will get a dedicated USB stick for it soon, but until next plenum this will do the job
- Warning: Using IPA on the glass bed will cause really strong bed adheasion. Please wait for the bed to cooldown before remove your print.
- For now, don't clean the surface or use wet paper towl to clean the surface for big flat print.
- Verify that you're about to start the right print via the filename
- Please at least wait for the first layer to be printed and verify its quality.
- Please check the print regularly during printing. Please don't leave the Lab while printing. Thank you.
Start a print job
Unified bed leveling
- Marlin Firmware on Ruby board has beed updated to 18.104.22.168
- TFT Firmware has been updated with Unified Icon
- Used Firmware link
- Belt tightness checked
- Manual bed leveling done
- Unified bed Mesh leveling done (EEPROM slot 1)
- PID Autotune done for 215 nozzle / 60 bed
- Probe offset set
To do list
- Figure out how to install filament holder for printer operation in printing room
- Current proposed solution 1: Reverse Bowden setup
- Current proposed solution 2: Hole through backside of middle plate under the prusa minis and filament guide
- Current proposed solution 3: Side mount filament rack (potential problem with high prints?)
- If anybody have some ideas please either edit in Suggestions and Feedback section or send a message on #3d_printing slack channel, would be much appreciated.
- Flow rate calibration
- Tolerance test
- Torture test
- Speed test
- Some impressiv demo prints
Next planned maintanance of the machine:
- Magnetic PEI bed (Or other removable print bed)
- Raspberry Pi (Octoprint upgrade)
- All metal hotend
- Better cooling fan
- Better Nozzle
- Reinforcement bar for ringing reduction
- USB Extender for longevity of USB Port
Boring stuff for the documentation
- Switch to 0.6mm Nozzle
[Description comming soon]
Suggestions and Feedback
Do you have any suggestions or feedback in regard to the printer, its maintainance and its current status?
Please write your comments below!