The Plenum is a regular meeting of all people involved with the space to talk about things, and decide stuff.
If you have stuff to add, go right ahead! Please sign your points with your name (by adding a "--~~~~" after your text).
- The Plenum is an institution to decide on what the space should look like, physically and in other ways, such as virtually.
- Things concerning the space should be discussed at a plenum.
- Everyone who's there can participate in that process, member or otherwise.
- Everyone can head a plenum, no need for board members to do that.
- Topics should ideally be announced on the Plenum wiki page beforehand
- The Plenum should be held in a language that everyone participating understands.
- Scheduling: second Thursday of the month at 8pm and last Sunday after the cleanup (which starts at 11am)
Next Plenum: Thursday, December 10th at 8pm
- 1 Topics for the Plenum
- 1.1 Disclaimer online plenum
- 1.2 What are you currently working on?
- 1.3 Projects & Groups update
- 1.4 Say Thank you
- 1.5 Update on current Covid-19 situation
- 1.6 Stuff from the past
- 1.7 Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
- 1.8 CNC Mill Usage Cost
- 1.9 Garage Sale
- 1.10 Main space sound system
- 1.11 Law&Order update, second round
- 1.12 Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- 1.13 Introduce Loomio poll
- 1.14 Things to Buy
Topics for the Plenum
Disclaimer online plenum
Holding an online plenum is no new process and we will only do this do try it out during the time the space is closed. Doing online plenums in the future needs plenum approval. In case we decide to do online plenums in the future this acts as a proof of concept.
What are you currently working on?
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from from of the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- German, Meier, Aaron for finishing the new Lamp by the kitchen
- German for refilling the vending machine
- German for organizing and installing a new fire extinguisher in the workshop
Update on current Covid-19 situation
- Influence of the current regulations on the usage of the space
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20201129 Plenum
- Bench grinder
- Tool documentation
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- The good news: No stinky MDF smell in the laser & 3d printing lounge.
- The bad news: Stinky MDF smell outside the laser & 3d printing lounge. We have tried to fix it in the past and haven't been successful by using silicone and tape. We think that the best next bet would be building a small case around the exhaust - first stage would be up to the cable canals. The good thing: Even if this won't get rid of the smell (and we will need to try new options) the exhaust will be more quiet than now.
CNC Mill Usage Cost
To finance the upcoming Costs of the CNC-Mill i suggest to introduce a pricing structure similar to the Lasercutter.
I figured that a price of 5€ per 60 minutes of Running Spindle should be enough to ensure the upkeep and enable some upgrades.
5€ per 60min should ensure that even some more complicated milling parts can be done for a reasonable price.
(Remember that 3 dimensional milling programms take way more time than simple 2d laser data.)
this might be a topic we want to discuss in loomio.
After the suggestions at the last plenum, I've started a Slack channel for the garage sale: #garage-sale
I've also made up some rules:
- One post per item for sale
- Reply in threads, do not post to the channel
- For auctions, just reply with the price you’re willing to pay. Highest amount at closing time wins
- If you buy something from the lab itself, pick it up soon. And do not leave it in public storage at the space. Put it in your storage crate/box/… or take it home.
- When giving something away: Add [Auction] or [Fixed Price] to the topic. Add pictures. Add a price (or starting price for auctions). For auctions, also add a final date/time
- Thanks for organizing! I'd appreciate a more transparent "when" (e.g. 7 days) instead of "soon" --C22 (talk) 19:25, 9 December 2020 (CET)
Main space sound system
The right speaker (above the electronics corner) has not been playing sound for a while. People from the "audio team" said the amp and the speaker were broken. Further analysis showed this was not quite the case. The speaker itself works fine, but half the amp (one channel) is broken. People from WerkBox3 who know their stuff looked at it, and it seems not quite easy to repair. How much would we want to spend on that? What are other options for sound in the main space? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 23:08, 8 December 2020 (CET)
Law&Order update, second round
2 plenums ago we talked about the Law and Order page not quite being up to date. For the last plenum, I had created an updated version of the document. There was some feedback, and the plan to have a separate meeting to go through it, as well as try to make a shorter version of the document. For that meeting though, no one showed up. So I've updated the document again with the one specific feedback point, and found a way to make the diff a little easier to read:
- The new version: https://pad.munichmakerlab.de/p/lawandorder
- The Diff: https://www.diffchecker.com/HBSlrQ3M
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
Introduce Loomio poll
Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board
Things to Buy
Material for a box around the vertical exhaust duct. Build a box around the duct to make it less loud and possibly less leaky. Some OSB and construction wood plus rockwool ~ 150€ --Meier (talk) 19:39, 9 December 2020 (CET)