The Plenum is a regular meeting of all people involved with the space to talk about things, and decide stuff.
If you have stuff to add, go right ahead! Please sign your points with your name (by adding a "--~~~~" after your text).
- The Plenum is an institution to decide on what the space should look like, physically and in other ways, such as virtually.
- Things concerning the space should be discussed at a plenum.
- Everyone who's there can participate in that process, member or otherwise.
- Everyone can head a plenum, no need for board members to do that.
- Topics should ideally be announced on the Plenum wiki page beforehand
- The Plenum should be held in a language that everyone participating understands.
- Scheduling: second Thursday of the month at 8pm and last Sunday after the cleanup (which starts at 11am)
Next Plenum: Thursday, August 12th at 8pm
Topics for the Plenum
Disclaimer online plenum
Holding an online plenum is no new process and we will only do this do try it out during the time the space is closed. Doing online plenums in the future needs plenum approval. In case we decide to do online plenums in the future this acts as a proof of concept.
What are you currently working on?
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from the groups meeting at our space, or other longterm space projects
- Laser maintenance update by Robert & Matthäus
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Bernhard for changing all the rubber in the pinball machine
- MGH for having companies come to fix the roof top leaks and the sewer in front of the space!
- Meier for taking care of the flowers
- German, Aaron and Robert for organizing consumable stuff for the kitchen
- Awesome people to replace the workshop vacuum switch and fixing other minor issues with it
- Meier, Bernhard and German for letting us use their awesome machines (polishing station & sharpening thingy) and mounting them in the workshop!
- German for being around during roof top leak fixing and torwartung
- David and Severin for taking a look at the door lock and figuring out whats broken... kinda :)
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? YYYYMMD Plenum
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
Introduce Loomio poll
Give a brief introduction of what you want to be decided on in Loomio before posting it to the Loomio management board
Let's open a loomio poll to get a decent belt sander. I found this one https://smile.amazon.de/-/en/Professional-Sander-Fabric-Sanding-Graphite/dp/B00IORENUE/ref=sr_1_24?dchild=1&keywords=bandschleifer&qid=1628600953&s=diy&sr=1-24 that can be properly clamped to a table it seems and has decent dust extraction. It's currently priced 260€. We have had multiple occasions where we needed one, so let's scratch this one off the missing tools list ;) --C22 (talk) 15:11, 10 August 2021 (CEST)
Things to Buy
- Chain to hang from the workshop roof to show where the gate goes down (suggested in a previous plenum) ~20€?
- Let's get some wax spray for the flipper, as recommended in the maintenance manual. I found https://www.flipperteile.de/de/Superflipp-Spielflaechenwachs.html - any better options? ~15€
- Imperial Combination Spanner Set https://www.amazon.de/-/en/PROXXON-23816-Combination-Spanners-Inch/dp/B01JM16OSY ~40€ --Meier (talk) 21:39, 11 August 2021 (CEST)