Release status: stable [box doku]
|Description||a free LoRaWan Network for Munich|
|Author(s)||Severin, Heiko, Joe|
LoRaWAN is an RF standard for IoT devices to connect to the internet.
The Things Network Munich
We are a official The Things Network Community. There's a regular meetup in the third Week (one Evening) each month, 19:00, at the MuMaLab (online via Jitsi since Covid19).
We are gathering money for community operated gateways, infrastructure and our brand new Application Platform: Patreon Page
See Gateway for more information
See Nodes for more information
- Vortrag Smart City München
- Überblick von der LHM:  
- Bürgerempfehlung Intelligente Lichtmasten
- "Stadtteil der Zukunft"
Check the water quality of some lakes people go swimming in around Munich
ttnmapper.org allows to create a coverage map of the TTN LoRaWAN network. You can take a LoRaWAN node, either with integrated GPS, or pair it with a smartphone, and gather coverage data.
A node with GPS is nice, because it's more independent. An ideal candidate is the TTGO T-Beam dev board, which combines an ESP32, GPS module and a LoRa module, as well as a battery and potentially an OLED display as well.
- Basic firmware w/o OLED support
- Firmware by Hotti with OLED support
- Port of Hotti's FW to platform.io
Note that there are different versions of the T-Beam board, requiring different Pin settings.
- TI Antenna selection Guide 
- Home made 868MHz Ground Plane 
- Introducation to LoRaWAN 
- Another Antenna 
Example Sensor projects
- Talk about an also LoRa based alternative to LoRaWAN, which should be able to work coexistingly with LoRaWAN: LoraLight