Release status: experimental [box doku]
|Description||self-sustainable power grid|
We wanted to build a DC microgrid at CCCamp19, but never fully got around to it. So we'll keep on trying in our lab, for the next camp and other events.
- 1 Gear we have built so far
- 2 Hacks and other related information
- 3 Name
- 4 List of recommended devices
- 5 Power Out Boxes
- 6 Power In Boxes
- 7 Battery Computers
- 8 Connectors
- 9 Ideas
- 10 Related Projects
- 11 Further Reading
- 12 Related
Gear we have built so far
- Forty Eight Grid
- Team Forty Eight
List of recommended devices
- Soldering Irons
- TS100 
- Lab PSU
- DIY PSU using DPS30xx or DPS50xx modules
- Battery Chargers
- IMAX B6 Charger works for LiPo and Pb batteries
- Laptop chargers
- Networking Hardware
- WiFi APs
Power Out Boxes
- DC sockets
- Car sockets
- Switches + Fuses
- What kind of fuse?
- Volt/Amp Measurment - "Battery computer" -> Stats via LoRaWAN?
USB Charging Station
Power In Boxes
12/24V -> 48V
- Schottky Diode
- Fuse / Currentlimiting
- Batterymonitor / Datalogging -> LoRaWAN?
- Auto-Disable with Under/Overvoltage
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32990834620.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864994942.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993234025.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32616324201.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957814319.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32904528079.html https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32784107301.html
Biolite has a "base station" with a battery and connected lights to it (Core77 blog post). We could build a similar station and connect other stuff to it.
- Connection between lights via some common cable we all have - RJ45? passive PoE? To remain compatible with a bunch of other gear out there...
- GoalZero also has similar lights for their PowerPacks, like this one
Grid Connection Units
Units with µCs controlling direction, depending on the voltage in the local nanogrid and the microgrid.
- Can be direct (w/o DC-DC-Converters) or with voltage adjustment
- One-to-one connection via 230V?
Severin started working on this for the "Design for a Cause" 2021 contest over at Element14:
DC microgrid project at SHA2017, 42V grid voltage
- Old website (via Internet Archive)
- https://hackaday.com/2017/09/08/that-decentralised-low-voltage-local-dc-power-grid-how-did-it-do/ -> (If interested in helping contact Hackerspace Revspace in Den Haag, the Netherlands: Ralph Willekes <benadski(at)gmail.com>)
"Independent Solar Energy Mesh System" - Solar power solution for community mesh networks, e.g. Freifunk
- Universal Battery Project
- ESP32 MPPT Tracker
- DIY All in One Solar Power Pack
- DIY Off-Grid Solar System V2.0 (previous version)
- "Autonomous Cell"
- Micro Grids
- Building DC Energy systems (by LibreSolar)
- Notes from meetings at CCCamp19
- Notes on Solar and DC grid setups at totalism.org