What are you currently working on?
- David: Holidays
- Jonas: Eating
- Alex: Gaming Area, Router Lift
- Aaron: University
- Meier: Cleanup
- Theresa: Health
Projects & Groups update
Just a quick update from the group meeting at our space, or other long-term space projects
- "Future of the Lab" (only every Sunday Plenum)
- Severin talked to David (our moderator) again about how we can follow up on the Open Space discussions in a asynchronous matter, ideally online. There are some tools, but first we need to find some topics and people who want to take the lead. My suggestions would be to pick up two of the topics from the workshop again, "Öffentlichkeitsarbeit & gesellschaftliche Relevanz" and "Rollen von Verein/Mitgliedern/Vorstand". Are there other topics what may be worthwhile? Who wants to take the lead on these? I've started a Slack channel "#futureofthelab-meta" where we an organize the discussions, and talk about good tools to make sure the ball(s) keep on rolling. I'd suggest to have some results by the next checkin (in a month) and then discuss whether to keep discussing, or reorganize topics that should be discussed. --Tiefpunkt (talk) 22:44, 30 July 2022 (CEST)
- We like the propoasel of the way to go and the topics selected. David volunteered to take the lead for the topic , "Öffentlichkeitsarbeit & gesellschaftliche Relevanz". Noone else volunteered. We will ask in the slack channel if someone wants to take the lead for the topic "Rollen von Verein/Mitgliedern/Vorstand".
- Gaming Area: Discussion of cable tidy for gaming space (https://toom.de/p/kabelspiralschlauch-28-x-150-cm-schwarz/9400058) - Alex
- Good progress and some aditional stuff needs to be bought
- Politics stuff
- all members of Kreativquartier are working on a proposal to self govern the whole area. They want to try to create a gGmbH. There will be a meeting on that toicp, September 13th 11AM. David will participate
Say Thank you
- To Meier & German for cleaning the gates (by Nico)
- To the people taking care of the vending machine (German?) saved me a lot of time (by Nico)
- Meier, German for installing the new soap dispenser
- Aaron & Meier for taking care of the plants
- German for ordering drinks, kitchen roll and isopropanol
- Everony participating in the cleanup
- Marius for painting the wall opposite to our space
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20220703 Plenum
- 3d printer poll. result one was for the sidewinder. New loomio poll for purchasing it will start today.
- what to with the x350? Proposal: put it on the project palette for 7 days, after that scavange parts and throw it away. -> No objections
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- Educate people about where to work (eg. no gluing, sanding, boring outside the workshop). Cutting board (40 €) was ruined within 2-3 month. Some people are doing bad stuff without knowing better, others ignore rules on purpose after repeatedly being talked too :(
Room Booking System
- turn access off now, but keep it. There might be couple of times a year we might need it.
There has been feedback that our website is not up to speed on things. Are there people who want to start working on improving it? Are there some specific suggestions what may be improved? --Tiefpunkt (talk) 22:44, 30 July 2022 (CEST)
- David: current site is fine. People should bring concrete proposals for a change
- German: It's a bit outdated, it's not easy to get your head around the techology. A CMS like system would be nice. But we don't need a second wiki
- Ask Severin for introduction to the technology for people who are interested in providing/editing content
- We should do a moderate overhaul, including the most important machines and new photos
- German: wants to organize a wiki overhaul workshop for the fall
Things for Newsletter, Social Media & Website News
- new loomio poll
- x350 3d printer
- open space stuff. who wants to take the lead on "Rollen von Verein/Mitgliedern/Vorstand"
Introduce Loomio poll
- Followup on the last poll "which printer to buy" -> "Should we buy the printer" (including various accessories)
Things to Buy
- Audio adapters for the logitech bluetooth converter. so we can get it connected to the Mixer again
- No details, no prices -> postponed (Apart form that we need to set the input levels and master level to fixed values)
- Cable management for gaming area ~ 15€ -> all approve
first aid kits
Someone should check the contents and restock it. Simply reoorder "reasonable" replacement material, will be paid no budget needed.
- Theresa volunteered to do that
Request for online participation
If necessary you can request to participate remotely (via jitsi). Please give a short description of why you want to participate remotely and what topic you want to discuss. (additionally to adding the topic on top!)