What are you currently working on?
- Chris - Preparing a wood workshop
- Aron - Staining wood
- Theresa - Cleaning the kitchen in the space
- German - Fixing his Dymo label printer
- David - Studying
- Jonas - Sort of working on his mailbox alarm
Say Thank you
Let's say thank you to those who did some awesome stuff for the space since the last plenum
- Everyone who helped at the cleanup
- David for ordering drinks
- Theresa for cleaning the kitchen
Stuff from the past
What was discussed at the last Plenum? What's the current status of those things? 20191010 Plenum
There haven't been any updates from the new space for two weeks but the move should happen soon - possibly end of November. No progress from the planning teams - doodle has been set up and 4 / 21 answered it.
Another doodle has been set up (deadline is on Wednesday 10pm): https://doodle.com/poll/4xbw5sa6kiizdc7f
Although we need to move soon people are still bringing new stuff without asking first.
- New space is about 33% smaller!
- Everything bigger than our coffee machine needs plenum approval
We should enforce our policies to free up more space (abandoned stuff)
Werkbox 3 is looking for a new home as they have to leave WERK 3 by Mai 2020. They are interessted in a 900 square meter building on the Kreativquartier and we're in touch with them to maybe join forces and share some rooms (still being two individual clubs). We could also include "Treibgut" which is also looking for a new home. => All liked the idea but of course some more planning would be required on how to seperate the two units
Anything you don't feel comfortable within the space? What would you like to change or to be changed?
Is there anything that's bothering you?
- I think It is quite unfortunate that in the past large sums of Money have been Approved by the Plenum without being properly Put in the Things to buy Section. For me Personal this gives me a Feeling of PPL trying to "smuggle" Controversial decisions by critical PPL. Especially when about a year ago we would discuss 300€ for a new 3D printer round about 3 Plenums because we wouldnt know how the move would Turn Out financially, a Situation that for me basically hasn't changed since Then. To prevent similar Future cases i suggest that all sums above 500€ should be announced 4 weeks in advance so PPL have a real Chance to participate in Said decisions and don't feel excluded. --BotoxBitch--
- Not buying the 3D-Printer wasn't a financial decision but we denied it because we already have so many printers nobody is lookig after.
- The money for the awareness-team workshop is no regular spending and it feels crucial for the existance of the space
- It would be a good idea to set up an online voting system for stuff like that
- We agreed that for spendings over 250€ we want an online voting system - until that's live please post spendings in the wiki two weeks in advance
- Please watch how you treat the devices and tools in the space. Others still want to use it. Also please close the Notebook box so they don't get dusty.
- Kitchen is looking really bad again. In the cutlery box there was even some bug (no idea what it was though). Please remember to clean up after yourself! Wipe the stove when done otherwise stuff will burn in! If this isn't going to change we might have to get rid of the kitchen but nobody wants that right?
- No fixed date for device introductions - Chris suggested regular introductions (like every 1-2 month). Chris & Aron will try to organize a 3D-Printer introduction.
- Freifunk without Plenum approval back on - attracting kids which are producing tons of trash
MiniJobs are live! There is a list with jobs on the workshop door and some more explanation in the Wiki.
Below our MrCoffee there's a file-/work-cabinet in which you can now find trash bags, bags for the vacuum, Kleenex,... Labeling still needs to be done.
Setting up the newsletter again was part of a discussion at the last Plenum. Now to do that, we need more people to participate in it. Who wants to do that? => It's not much work and if you want to help please contact Severin
Space Power Down
In the past, we used 433Mhz RF powersockets to power down parts of the space when the status went to closed. This doesn't work all that well anymore, but it would be great to still have that feature. There was a session at CCCamp19 about hacking WiFi Power Plugs, and a set of 4 is about 40-50€, should we give that a try? (these ones also include power monitoring, which might be kinda cool)
Possible things to turn off automatically:
- Electronics corner
- Music setup
- Power to the tables
- Vending machine
- Lights in the gaming area / above the tables near the laser
=> German and Jonas are writing a documentation which will be placed at the door on what to turn off. We don't think that an automatic solution is required at the moment.
Things to Buy
Things to buy for projects related to the space.
- David is buying a new trash can where regular bags fit and which can be opened with one hand